If Both of Their Careers Were to End Right Now Today, Jones or McGregor?

Both are very polarizing figures. Not the biggest fan of either guy, but it's Conor by far. He's a superstar for a reason. The guy brings it every single time, and the madness that comes with his fights is unmatched. Took short notice fights, never pulled out of a fight. Jones cancelled the entire event by refusing to fight Chael Sonnen, another event had to be moved due to his fuck-ups. Amazing fighter, but had a lot of "meh" performances recently, probably got pushed by the judges in some of them. So it's not even close at the moment.

It depends on whether the fans in question value PED failures, title defenses, strength of schedule, criminal hostory, etc.

Conor would be looked at more fondly due to the moments and attention that he brought to the sport.
I'm sure the throwing of the dollies, assaulting of the elderly and sexual assaults' on the women are the types of attention the UFC wanted to bring to the sport.

tenor.gif

Lol, nice troll.

Conor has never defended a title...not once. In real sports like boxing you're not even considered a legit champion until you defend a title.

Jones easily, Conor has a better career than Adesanya.

I'll excuse Jones's violations and just look at their reigns. Conor never had a real one. He was a smash and grab fighter. Jones actually stuck around and risked his belt a record number of times. Conor doesn't fight if he has to put up collateral.

Lol, I knew I could draw you motherfuckers out in to the open!!! LOL

iu
Wrong crowd, brother. You need an image for "worrying about another's mental and emotional health", lol. And btw, I don't have tumbler, twittler, facebookler, or any other social media. I have WhatsApp, Signal, email, and text. Good ambush, but wrong target my man.

Conor would be remembered as the more polarizing fighter who brought increased exposure to the sport and elevated MMA, more particularly the UFC to being considered 4 Billion Dollar asset. For all intensive purposes he’s been most watched and relevant fighter that has fought and competed in MMA

Jones will be remembered as the better fighter and fierce competitor who fought a laundry list of killers early on and had looked unbeatable in his prime. Yet he disgraced himself inside and outside of the cage with questionable decision making and immoral behavior.

Both men have huge followings as well as an equal amount of detractors, but the fact that Connor has done more positive for the industry than Jones is the reason he will be remembered as having more impact on the sport and a greater legacy.

i think every single person missed what u were really asking. sad state of the world today, anyway, good question. Theyre both psychopaths so i really cant differentiate between the two. I would say conor solely based on the fact that he is more intelligent/charismatic so far more people fall for it. Jones on the other hand, probably due to his size has learned that he really doesn't need to keep the mask on for more than sparing moments because he will take what he was anyway through intimidation or "elitism." Again though, they're both of the same cloth, conor is just a better actor.
Thank you and well said.

Jon Jones by a landslide. He is in the goat conversation, Conor is not.

One is a goat.
One is not ( yet ?)

One took his ball and went home in under a half second.......TWICE.

It wouldnt even cross the others mind ( unless hes was dead to right " caught" and still would put up some sort of defense before doing the deed).

No rubbernecking here- In fact , wasteland is where this should be.

I'm talking talent- not money-

Conor has had the better career, as he's made the most cheddar.

Jones is clearly the better fighter.

Jones dominated for solid 10 years, is unbeaten if you take that DQ out, cleared the division for 3 generations, destroyed all of Sherdog's favorite fighters (who were all roided to the gills) careers in a humiliating fashion, never has been rocked and is proven to be the most mentally resilient.

Conor did what beside beating manlets and acting like a wannabe celebrity?

Last edited:
Matt Hamil
Dean Lister
Mikey Burnett
all have something in common.

I don't know about you but my own opinion counts for more to me than some judges that have made more bad decisions than i've had wanks(that's a lot), and in my opinion Jones very narrowly lost to Santos(on one leg) and clearly lost to Reyes.

Well just so you are clear on this, your opinion is fuckin worthless.

He won. That's whats on his record. Nobody goes on fight finder or wiki to look up your opinion.

the one who isnt a steroid cheat and hasnt gotten popped a record amount of times? ie putting an asterisk on your whole career?

A few years after they retire, conor. But a decade after, jones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back