If Both of Their Careers Were to End Right Now Today, Jones or McGregor?

Let's be fair. Jones took on a bevy of fighters past their prime. His best wins are Rashad, DC, and Gus.

He popped for steroids twice against DC, kinda invalidates his best win. Rashad is legit. Gus was a good fight but Gus has fallen off a cliff since, not a good subsequent career at all.

I will give him credit for crafty wins against Santos and Reyes but he didn't look dominant at all.

Conor has wins over Aldo (who had a great career after McG), Alvarez (a very dominant win), and he put up the best performance against Khabib to date.

Jones career is better overall but only very slightly.

Let me get this straight: you're giving Conor all of the credit for wins over Aldo and Alvarez (how many fights have they won since then? how have they looked in those fights?), but you are giving Jones no credit for any wins accept Rashad? Hee hee hee heee...That's hilarious!

Jarl

Well one guy defended his belt many times While the other retired more times than he defended his belt so that’s that

Conor without question. Not even close.

People will forever wonder and debate "Who would win, Jon Jones vs X?"

For all past, present, and future great fighters between MW and HW.

Conor is a bigger spectacle and personality. But has been shown to be beatable by certain fighters. He doesnt have an unbeatable aura despite being extremely skilled.

Hardcore fans will remember Jon more. Casual fans will remember Conor.

Thinly veiled Jones hate thread. With that said Jones by a long shot he’s the unbeaten GOAT. I get it TS your boy Izzy and Jones have beef but fact is Jones is the greatest UFC fighter of all time bar none. Also brotha love the Cube AV tho.

I don't know about you but my own opinion counts for more to me than some judges that have made more bad decisions than i've had wanks(that's a lot), and in my opinion Jones very narrowly lost to Santos(on one leg) and clearly lost to Reyes.
And he lost to Gus the first time they fought. ;)

Conor. Skill wise, Jones is much better.

Conor is Hulk Hogan and Jon Jones is Shawn Michaels.

Lol, TS you already know the answer.

Conor will be remembered for being the most popular, Jones will be remembered for one of the greatest.

This will be a tough one for Sherdog to answer. You’re considered to be “cool” here if you hate on either of the two guys.

Connor is the bigger star
Jones has the better career
This. I think Jones is generally considered the better fighter. But Conor is the bigger star and probably has more MMA fans who are fond of him. Jones is not very charismatic tbh

Thinly veiled Jones hate thread. With that said Jones by a long shot he’s the unbeaten GOAT. I get it TS your boy Izzy and Jones have beef but fact is Jones is the greatest UFC fighter of all time bar none. Also brotha love the Cube AV tho.
Lol wow bro. You are reaching HARD here. I think it's very debatable and the split responses in this thread is evidence of that.

I'm not saying Conor is near Jon in a P4P discussion. I'm just pointing out that they both have reached pinnacles and failures of similar comparison.

I personally was more hyped about Jones than Conor when I first saw each man fight. But this isn't about my personal opinion. And the buzz Conor brought was undeniable and unavoidable.

Also with Jon's drug infractions. Does not matter your opinion on PED"s. Jon getting stripped and suspended and flagged multiple times is NOT a good look.

I've got nothing against Jon and this has nothing to do with Adesanya.

Conor, Unlike Jones he is not a cheater.

Conor made more money.

Jones actually defended his title.

Tossup.

Back