If BJ Penn had fought at his real weightclass, he'd have gone undefeated

You clearly dont know shit and just a delusional idiot. 2008-2009 Penn ran through Sherk, Florian and Sanchez and I remember everyone saying this was the best BJ Penn, but just 4 months after the Sanchez fight he lost to Edgar and you're saying that was because his Prime was over {<jordan} he lost to Edgar because of the matchup style. Go watch some actual fights for the first time instead of looking at highlight videos
Jesus can you not read? He was all downhill after the Sanchez fight. If you don't accept that, you pretty much just hate Penn.

Would have loved to have seen BJ in his prime in PRIDE. All the possible matchups.. Mach, Gomi rematch, Hansen, Crusher.

Jesus can you not read? He was all downhill after the Sanchez fight. If you don't accept that, you pretty much just hate Penn.
Jesus, do you have a brain? He looked his best vs Sanchez then all of a sudden he was shit 4 months later just because he lost? how fucking convenient that is for you lol OP stated that prime Penn would be undefeated had he not gone up in weight, fact is a prime Penn fought Edgar and lost. How hard is that to understand? grow a brain ffs

"If BJ never lost any of his fights, he'd be undefeated" - Sherdog Wisdom

To the death!

lol quit on the stool..

Jesus, do you have a brain? He looked his best vs Sanchez then all of a sudden he was shit 4 months later just because he lost? how fucking convenient that is for you lol OP stated that prime Penn would be undefeated had he not gone up in weight, fact is a prime Penn fought Edgar and lost. How hard is that to understand? grow a brain ffs
True or false. BJ Penn looked progressively worse in every fight after the Sanchez fight.

welterweight and above, he wouldn't be the BJ that we all know, love and respect.

Penn fought more fights below WW then at it or above. Why do you keep pretending like most of his fights were at WW?

Also the biggest argument for Penn being an all time great is his win over Hughes BY FAR.

Yep. If he just stayed at 155 from 2005 to 2010, I think he would be in that top tier in the GOAT discussion with Jones, Fedor, Anderson, and GSP.

But he's in the second tier behind them.

He has the same condition as fedor, in his prime while winning but instantly he becomes past prime when he loses.

Well Fedor did look worse for a few fights before he lost

The problem is that in real life, he didn't do that. Playing the "what if" game is stupid. What if Chael hadn't gone for that spinning backfist vs Anderson? What if Chad Mendes had a full camp? What if Fedor competed in the UFC? What if you didn't start threads?
tumblr_mncxlreQxI1rexen5o1_500.gif

The “what if” game is just for fun. Same with the Goat conversations. If all just for shits and giggles (or it should be anyway). Other than that, yeah I agree it’s pretty pointless. But why not? We are here to talk MMA and share opinions and have discussions not just share facts.

It’s like that for fans of every sport. It’s like Lebron Vs Jordan debate. Or what if Bo Jackson stayed healthy? There will never be a definitive answer, but will be a hot topic for years to come. It’s just what sports fans do.

Bo was so overrated, and no one who knows anything about basketball thinks Lebron vs Jordan is a legit debate

Bo was so overrated, and no one who knows anything about basketball thinks Lebron vs Jordan is a legit debate

Just examples, but Bo never had a chance to establish himself before getting hurt. Prior to that he was dominant, so I’m not sure what you mean. Nobody calls him a top 10 rb, but he had all the ability. His raw athleticism/talent was as good as it gets, surely you can admit that...all-star in football and baseball is a serious achievement.

What side of the fence are you on regarding MJ Vs Lebron? I know who my pick is, but both sides have hall of famers backing them in the argument. Are you suggesting that hall of fame NBA players who disagree with your position know nothing about basketball? If so that is the height of ignorance. I’m assuming that isn’t your position but your statement demands that question.

Just examples, but Bo never had a chance to establish himself before getting hurt. Prior to that he was dominant, so I’m not sure what you mean. Nobody calls him a top 10 rb, but he had all the ability. His raw athleticism/talent was as good as it gets, surely you can admit that...all-star in football and baseball is a serious achievement.

What side of the fence are you on regarding MJ Vs Lebron? I know who my pick is, but both sides have hall of famers backing them in the argument. Are you suggesting that hall of fame NBA players who disagree with your position know nothing about basketball? If so that is the height of ignorance. I’m assuming that isn’t your position but your statement demands that question.

The only hall of famers that back Lebron are guys Jordan was a dick to. Jordan is a MASSIVE ass hole, and most players don't like him. Still, Jordan has FAR more players calling him the GOAT then Lebron. Most players and experts have Kareem ahead of Lebron, never mind Jordan. Lebron is top 5, but only a moron would call him better then Jordan without bias. Lebron has an inability to play off ball and is FAR too ball dominate. Thats why stars (besides Kyrie) don't play well with Lebron. He turns them into spot up shooters who watch him. Lebron is the best ever at taking a shit team and making them great, but he is not great at making great players better. Wade, Bosh, Love, IT all got much worse playing with Lebron. Even Kyrie got most of his points playing iso

I don't follow baseball, but Bo had plenty of time to establish himself in football. The best RBs only last like 10 years anyway

If Mark Hunt had cut off his left leg he would have been the undefeated MW champion GOAT.

The only hall of famers that back Lebron are guys Jordan was a dick to. Jordan is a MASSIVE ass hole, and most players don't like him. Still, Jordan has FAR more players calling him the GOAT then Lebron. Most players and experts have Kareem ahead of Lebron, never mind Jordan. Lebron is top 5, but only a moron would call him better then Jordan without bias. Lebron has an inability to play off ball and is FAR too ball dominate. Thats why stars (besides Kyrie) don't play well with Lebron. He turns them into spot up shooters who watch him. Lebron is the best ever at taking a shit team and making them great, but he is not great at making great players better. Wade, Bosh, Love, IT all got much worse playing with Lebron. Even Kyrie got most of his points playing iso

I don't follow baseball, but Bo had plenty of time to establish himself in football. The best RBs only last like 10 years anyway

I happen to wholeheartedly agree that Jordan is the GOAT, but are you aware that Scottie Pippen was quoted saying that he thinks Lebron is the best? Does he have some kind of grudge against MJ? I agree with you on the question at hand, but your assertion that other side is bias or knows nothing about the sport Is a massively ignorant.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/12/sc...s-debate-passed-bulls-cavs-nba-first-take/amp

As for Bo Jackson: How many games are you under the impression that he played? About 35 is the answer. That’s barely 2 seasons by today’s standards. I promise you that his per game stats are very, very good, but he didn’t have nearly enough time to establish a HOF career. He was dominant as anyone while it lasted though.

Only reason I’m arguing with you is because you seem to have some sense. You are just dead wrong on these 2 topics and I like to debate.

He was great but it would all have dependent on the fact if he was really training. Sometimes his training was questionable.

If my mum had a dick she'd be my dad.

Give it a rest with these conjecture threads.

If he had just stayed motivated...

Back