If Bisping Loses, Who Gets Next Title Shot?

Id say Lombard if he gets past Okami

Everyone needs 2 or more wins IMO. May or may not play out that way. Also, it depends on whether Anderson decides he only wants to fight at the end of the year and not before. Yes that includes Weidman he should win another two fights IMO unless somethings play out in his favor. If he manages to come back from surgery and beats say Lombard after he defeats Okami then yeah that would be 1 win that would suggest Weidman should fight Anderson considering who he has finally beat and his undefeated status etc.

Lombard would get a title shot after beating Okami and Weidman.

Okami wouldn't get a title shot after beating Belcher and Lombard

Rockhold gets a title shot after beating Weidman.

Jacare gets a title shot after beating Weidman.

Looks like everything could be based around when and if Weidman comes back strong and who if anyone beats him or is matched against him.

Most likely a winner in a #1 contender match with Weidman involved. Maybe an opponent like Lombard or Rockhold. I think its even possible for someone else to get a shot if Bisping just has an underwhelming decision win.

They should make a fight between Weidman/Philippou, it should be a #1 contender's match.

I believe they're both out of the Serra/Longo camp, so they probably won't fight each other.

Given that Weidman is injured, so is Rockhold (and not ready), if Belfort smashes Bisping round 1, I can see Silva/Belfort 2 in Brazil, May/June, just to keep it moving.

Regardless, Gegard should not get an immediate shot at 185. Let him fight one time at MW, to see how he does at 185 before getting a shot at Silva. Rashad was willing to cut to 185 to face Silva, and the UFC told him he had to fight one time at MW first. Rashad refused. Same should apply to Gegard.

That shouldn't apply to either Rashad or Gegard. Those two guys are much more proven and established than pretty much anyone in the title picture at 185.

I'm interested in Silva fighting the best opponent not some arbitrary criteria of who has 'done more' at MW. If Rashad or Gegard dropped they would immediately be the most worthy opponents Silva could fight at 185. I say instead of wasting 6 months with Silva/Bisping or Silva/Weidman...give Silva an elite opponent right now.

Back