If Bisping Loses, Who Gets Next Title Shot?

If Vitor wins, then it'll most likely be via first-round KO/TKO. If that happens, then he deserves the next shot, in my opinion. Since losing to Anderson 2 years ago, he's beaten Akiyami, Rumble and almost submitted Jones at short notice.

Why not Hendo, if he beats Machida?

Tongue-in-cheek, of course, but there have been plenty of title shots given to contenders in other weight classes lately. And I think it's a big, big ask for Hendo. And he's pretty much done fighting at MW, I would think.

Interesting thought, nonetheless.

Why not Hendo, if he beats Machida?

Tongue-in-cheek, of course, but there have been plenty of title shots given to contenders in other weight classes lately. And I think it's a big, big ask for Hendo. And he's pretty much done fighting at MW, I would think.

Interesting thought, nonetheless.

Actually, I think there is merit to Hendo getting a rematch with Anderson. He may want to hold out for a shot at Jon Jones, which he was promised and there is some question whether he can still make 185. But I would prefer Hendo over say Rockhold.

Weidman vs Jacare for the title shot.

I only say that because Weidman was supposed to fight Boetsch before his injury, so obviously the UFC wasn't ready to throw him into a title shot just yet.

Jacare fights out of Black House, so I don't know if he'd fight Silva.

Everyone but Weidman.

Loser of Jones vs Sonnen or loser of GSP vs Diaz. Maybe they'll bring someone in from Bellator. Or have Gilbert Melendez fight him as his first fight in the UFC.

Jacare fights out of Black House, so I don't know if he'd fight Silva.

I thought so initially as well, but it seems he's fighting out of X-Gym now.

Of course, he did fight out of Blackhouse at one point, so Anderson is going to be pissed at him like he was with Vitor.

He'll get over it though :icon_lol:

i think TS has it right - i would probably prefer to see hector fight anderson - just my preference, but either weidman or rockhold makes sense. i'm glad to see that we have 3 interesting match ups although i think rockhold is the weakest of the three.

Good question, but since Rockhold poses no threat to Andy, I wouldnt be surprised to see Andy requesting a fight vs Rockhold if Bisping loses.

Then they'd probably do Weidman vs Vitor in June as a contender #1 fight.

If Bisping wins, I think they are gonna tell Rockhold to wait for the return of Weidman in june. Their fight would also be a contender #1 fight.

this man has come from the future.

Who cares, Andy will tool them all at MW...I don't even care anymore.

If Vitor wins, then it'll most likely be via first-round KO/TKO. If that happens, then he deserves the next shot, in my opinion. Since losing to Anderson 2 years ago, he's beaten Akiyami, Rumble and almost submitted Jones at short notice.

akiyama AND rumble? goodness. :rolleyes:

akiyama AND rumble? goodness. :rolleyes:

You think beating Miller, losing to Chael then beating Stann is more impressive? Maybe it is, but not by much. Don't forget that Vitor finished them both in the 1st round.

You think beating Miller, losing to Chael then beating Stann is more impressive? Maybe it is, but not by much. Don't forget that Vitor finished them both in the 1st round.

Doesn't really matter either way to me , Vitor already had his shot at Anderson and got crushed so IMO he would have to beat Bisbing and maybe 2 other top MW to get a shot

They should make a fight between Weidman/Philippou, it should be a #1 contender's match.

If he wins, he gets Silva. We know Belfort is not getting another shot with a win.

Lombard is fighting Okami soon and with a win will at least be in the conversation. Okami, like Belfort, had his chance and is not getting another this soon.

Weidman may be ready to fight someone in the summer, but I suspect the UFC will not give him a title shot coming off surgery.

Then there's Rockhold who, for insurance against a Bisping loss, should be added to a February or March card in a rematch with Jacare.

I think Lombard, Weidman and Rockhold is the short list of probables. So who's got next if Bisping fails?

It HAS to be Weidman for sure

I am leaning towards Weidman in Brazil, who will be healthy by May/June. Have Lombard face Vitor (if both Lombard and Vitor win) in a number one contender match. Have Jacare (who said he wants to slowly build himself up and will not face Anderson right now)

face the winner of Stann/Silva. Have Rockhold face Cung Le (Current SF champ vs. the former Sf Champ). I like the idea of Belcher vs. Boetsch, and also Mark Munoz vs. Philippou. Have Rich Franklin face Bisping, if Bisping loses on Saturday. Who else agrees?

He also said he would cut to fight Anderson. He is back in the discussion.

Regardless, Gegard should not get an immediate shot at 185. Let him fight one time at MW, to see how he does at 185 before getting a shot at Silva. Rashad was willing to cut to 185 to face Silva, and the UFC told him he had to fight one time at MW first. Rashad refused. Same should apply to Gegard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back