If Bisping Loses, Who Gets Next Title Shot?

PabloZed

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If he wins, he gets Silva. We know Belfort is not getting another shot with a win.

Lombard is fighting Okami soon and with a win will at least be in the conversation. Okami, like Belfort, had his chance and is not getting another this soon.

Weidman may be ready to fight someone in the summer, but I suspect the UFC will not give him a title shot coming off surgery.

Then there's Rockhold who, for insurance against a Bisping loss, should be added to a February or March card in a rematch with Jacare.

I think Lombard, Weidman and Rockhold is the short list of probables. So who's got next if Bisping fails?

If it's not Bisping, whoever the Strikeforce Middleweight Champ is I s'pose...

Good question, but since Rockhold poses no threat to Andy, I wouldnt be surprised to see Andy requesting a fight vs Rockhold if Bisping loses.

Then they'd probably do Weidman vs Vitor in June as a contender #1 fight.

If Bisping wins, I think they are gonna tell Rockhold to wait for the return of Weidman in june. Their fight would also be a contender #1 fight.

The only one that deserves a shot is Weidman after his next win. Lombard needs a bigger win and Rockhold, well im not sure he'll even be in the conversation by years end.

Weidman vs Jacare for the title shot.

I only say that because Weidman was supposed to fight Boetsch before his injury, so obviously the UFC wasn't ready to throw him into a title shot just yet.

I'm not saying I agree, but probably they will set up an event in a Brazilian soccer stadium for late year called: Silva X Belfort II.

IMHO Dana should put Weidman X Rockhold for N

Should be Lombard if he beats Okami, assuming Weidman isn't ready.

If the UFC wanted to give Rockhold a shot right out of Strikeforce I would think they would have said so by now. Rockhold pulled out of the last Strikeforce card so perhaps that is a fight the UFC still wants to see.

If Lombard hadn't lost to Boetsch I suspect he would have been next. Beating Okami may get him there.

Lombard if he beats Okami makes the most sense. Rockhold and Weidman are both injured. Belfort 2 might be an option if the UFC wants to throw a big Brazil card together.

Weidman vs Jacare for the title shot.

I only say that because Weidman was supposed to fight Boetsch before his injury, so obviously the UFC wasn't ready to throw him into a title shot just yet.

that is an awesome fight

The question isn't who should get a shot but who will Anderson fight. Regardless of how the last fight ended between Vitor and Anderson, Vitor should get the shot if he beats Bisping. The fight was even until a lucky kick and I call it a lucky kick because Anderson has thrwon that kick in every fight that he has been in and that was the only time that it landed so to me it was a lucky kick.

If Cain can get a rematch after being Koed in under two minute than Vitor should if he beat the number one contender. Plus Vitor was getting the better of the exchanges. Maybe that is why Anderson don't want to fight Vitor.

Vitor should get the shot, then Lombard or Jacare. They are the top 185lbs fighter as of now.

The question isn't who should get a shot but who will Anderson fight. Regardless of how the last fight ended between Vitor and Anderson, Vitor should get the shot if he beats Bisping. The fight was even until a lucky kick and I call it a lucky kick because Anderson has thrwon that kick in every fight that he has been in and that was the only time that it landed so to me it was a lucky kick.

If Cain can get a rematch after being Koed in under two minute than Vitor should if he beat the number one contender. Plus Vitor was getting the better of the exchanges. Maybe that is why Anderson don't want to fight Vitor.

Vitor should get the shot, then Lombard or Jacare. They are the top 185lbs fighter as of now.

I'm all for Vitor getting the shot, but he wasn't winning anything until the kick. Anderson dodged his strikes like nothing, both on the ground and his two lefts before the kick.

Giving Vitor yet another title shot debases its value. Would be preferable to give it to Lombard if he beats Okami.

very tough. then anderson silva might not defend his title for a very loong time once that happens. weidman, lombard etc needs some convincing wins

There is such a dearth of exciting potential matchups for Silva at MW, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him defend his belt for a long time. Instead taking "superfights" with GSP or Diaz or whoever else is willing to step in the cage with him.

Back