If bisping loses to a basically 41 year old silva tomorrow should he retire?

He got KTFO by (then) 40 year old Hendo.

That was like 15 fights ago for him.

If he loses to Silva, he'll have his Kenny Florian post UFC 136 moment of enlightenment, when he'll finally realize and accept that his lifelong dream of becoming UFC champion is forever crushed, that the cake he had promised himself throughout the years was a lie all this time. And he will be very sad. Even sadder than Florian since he never even had a shot at the title.

2CNk3mC.jpg

What he does after that, who knows, I'll just make sure to be there to savior every bit of it

a0G0k.gif

lol awww poor kenflo. Is this after this the bj fight or the maynard one for the title shot?

lol awww poor kenflo. Is this after this the bj fight or the maynard one for the title shot?

After his last fight against Aldo, when he finally reached the last stage of grief: acceptance.

After his last fight against Aldo, when he finally reached the last stage of grief: acceptance.
riiight, almost forgot about him at 145. Oh well, Kenny, you will always be elite in ufc undisputed 3, which I still play :)

I think Bisping has 1 chance to win, and that's a boring decision that the Brits will fawn over Is this a 5 round fight?

Sherdog is a huge fan of the nick diaz logic:

Everytime you lose, you should retire and give up. Because unless you are undefeated, you suck.

It depends on what his goals and motivations are for continuing to fight. If he's only in it to be the best and get that title shot, I'd say that ship has definitely sailed(with a loss here). If he just wants to keep competing and making money then he'll obviously stick around. From a health standpoint I think it'd be wise to call it a career. He'll be 37 on Sunday and he's been competing in combat sports for over 20 years. He seems to have a great family and other opportunities to make money, I think he'd be wise to avoid sticking around too long. The UFC isn't gonna pay him that salary to fight bums, he'll keep getting challenging fights.

Back