If Barao wasn't knocked down in the first round

johplin6

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Barao was not the same fighter after that knock down. Barao didn't recover after that knockdown. TJ hit Barao hard, and look at the way Barao fell, you could tell he couldn't recover after that.

Edit: TJ was winning that fight anyway before Barao got knocked down, but the fight wouldn't be as dominate. TJ looked great tonight. Always needed to get use to a new champion. When Anderson loss.

Last edited:
showed great heart by fighting off it. I thought TJ was going to end it... Renan almost fell unconscious.

That shot hurt him badly and he didn't recover, but TJ was winning even before that shot landed so I'm not sure if he would've won, but it wouldn't have been as one-sided.

If your aunt had balls, she'd be your uncle.

If Anderson did not fight at 162 and 168, he'd still be champ.

OMG, if my favorite fighter didn't lose he would have won!

If TS had balls he'd be his own grandfather.

I felt the same way. Either Barao never recovered physically or mentally he was taken off his game. Obviously it was probably a little bit of both but hopefully he is okay. That type of fight stays with a fighter for the rest of his life.

TJ was outclassing him before the knockdown. TJ was just too fast, slick, and technical for him last night.

The question is does No Knockdown Barao beat a Motivated BJ Penn?

I don't know if it would have made a difference, TJ had better movement, timing and speed the whole fight.

Back