If Barao got a rematch, who would you favor?

Barao now knows what to train for.... and Dillishaw will probably stay the course. Tough to say but I'm certain Barao will be much more prepared for that type of attack so I'd probably go with Barao in the rematch.

I don't know what kind of attack your talking about? He got destroyed everywhere. That's like taking JDS in a rematch with Cain because he knows what to train for. Not sure if TJ will finish him in a rematch but he is obviously the better fighter. Barao way too overrated.. UFC's hype on him was embarassing

Barao had nothing for Dillashaw tonight but that doesn't mean has nothing for him if they fought again. I'd probably pick Barao based on what he has done & who he has done it too, but Dillashaw will only get better. I remember reading this forum years ago when people said GSP has nothing for Serra.

Last edited:
I don't know what kind of attack your talking about? He got destroyed everywhere. That's like taking JDS in a rematch with Cain because he knows what to train for. Not sure if TJ will finish him in a rematch but he is obviously the better fighter. Barao way too overrated.. UFC's hype on him was embarassing

If Barao is so overrated than what Dillashaw did wasn't all that impressive right? Actually it was extremely impressive because of who he beat and how he beat Barao.

If you blame UFC hype than you clearly and obviously didn't want Renan Barao's previous fights because he was a beast and was either finishing or getting a UD. He beat Faber like a father beating his child and Faber was the best opponent at the time fighting the best he's ever fought and got his ass kicked. You should know this...

And for Renan to prepare for TJ in the rematch, won't be that hard. He'll train for countering the high kicks, study his timing, perhaps trying mirroring his footwork, and look for openings by studying the fight. Barao and his team can get a proper game plan for beating TJ just by watching the tapes. TJ looked awesome and I was cheering for him the whole fight but he didn't beat some can who didn't deserve to be champion.

From what I saw in this fight, I'd favor Dillashaw in the rematch and I was giving him zero chance of winning before the fight. He completely outclassed Barao every round and finished him in the end, nothing like GSP vs Serra where I would have any doubts about him.

Barao.

Everyone has an off night, he could've taken TJ lightly

Dilla.

Barao is too slow to deal with that. Too slow and doesn't have the counter striking to deal with it.

Barao met his match just like he's looked mortal in several of his last fights. Dude isn't some unmovable demigod.

Barao is Barao. That killer knockdown sealed in the first fight and a new one could mean anything.

I'd favor the guy who easily dominated 5 rounds. But what do I know.

TJ. Dominated him for 23 minutes before finishing him.

Dillashaw.

Barao fought the same way he always does. Dillashaw made him look like a slow, sloppy brawler and he beat the fuck out of him. The rematch would be the same.

Barao would undeniably take the fight more seriously, and I firmly believe that he never fully recovered from that knockdown in the first round, but I think TJ showed that the ex-champ has some holes in his boxing defense that he'll need to patch up for a more competitive rematch. TJ's movement and feinting also proved to be a hurdle that Barao didn't know how to vault.

But before any rematch, Assuncao deserves his shot.

Barao now knows what to train for.... and Dillishaw will probably stay the course. Tough to say but I'm certain Barao will be much more prepared for that type of attack so I'd probably go with Barao in the rematch.

No no no. Borao can't train for what he experienced. TJ's boxing and speed were incredible. I've never seen anyone jab like that in the UFC.

What is Barao going to do? Get faster? Improve his reflexes? Uh yea.... TJ was on another level of striking that the UFC has not seen.

Plus as someone mentioned, history shows that underdogs who deliver beatdowns are usually the real deal.

I don't know at this point

I favored dillashaw the first time and I would even more so the second time around. Hes even better than I thought

No no no. Borao can't train for what he experienced. TJ's boxing and speed were incredible. I've never seen anyone jab like that in the UFC.

What is Barao going to do? Get faster? Improve his reflexes? Uh yea.... TJ was on another level of striking that the UFC has not seen.

Plus as someone mentioned, history shows that underdogs who deliver beatdowns are usually the real deal.

True. But I think Barao didn't specifically train for him or his style... who knows maybe he did. TJ found what worked and did it over and over again to win. He's a puzzle that can be solved with timing and preparation. He was very elusive but there's a pattern there with TJ's fighting. We'll see. Barao is no can and he's not used to losing. I saw this loss was a wake-up call and he'll put in a better fight in the rematch.

I don't see how you could favour Barao. The fight lasted for almost 5 rounds and Dillashaw clearly won every single round with ease. It's not the type of domination showed by Sonnen in first Silva fight where he just holds the opponent down - Dillashaw outstriked and outworked Barao. There's absolutely nothing indicating an instant rematch would be different unless Barao was sick/hurt coming in to that fight. Even though I think Barao is the better fighter overall, I just don't see him beating Dillashaw unless it's a fluke KO or sub.

He already figured out the puzzle. Barao would need a year off to improve, otherwise it could be the same..

See Silva vs. Weidman I/II, BJ Penn vs. Edgar I/II, Velasquez vs JDS II/III

Comparing these fights because they were CLOSE to each other, the rematch happened after another, while the JDS vs Cain III only spanned 8months apart or something like that.

Barao is good, but it seemed like TJ has the stronger ground game, takedown offense/defense, and also has strong chin/cardio just like the rest of the Alpha Males, but he had excellent footwork and speed tonight.

TJ the best ever.
Your fight comparisons make no sense.

Weidman defeated Silva because Silva got caught doing what he always does and Weidman didn't fall for it as other opponents have. The second fight was a freak accident but Weidman still dropped Silva. In this case, Weidman is just better than Anderson.

The Cain vs. JDS doesn't make sense. If you want to uss that as an example, remember it was CAIN who got beat the first go around and came back and beat JDS twice after. So why can't Barao come back and defeat TJ? Oh yea that scenario doesn't apply because clearly you're a TJ "fan" now.

And last but not least, BJ vs. Edgar. Unlike Barao vs. TJ, that fight was close. Don't see why your making a comparison.

Bottom line, you can't look at other fights or "time lines" involving OTHER fighters to determine the outcome between OTHER fighters. And now TJ is the best ever??? Bandwagon filling up quickly ain't it.

Back