If Assuncao is ready for March and Dillashaw for April

TheLoneWolf527

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Then why the hell aren't they fighting each other? Cruz is out and Barao still can't be completely trusted at BW (not to mention the ass kicking he got) so why are they fighting different people? And I don't even care for Assuncao really, but it just seems dumb

Money. You're welcome.

Last edited:
sounds good to me.

I had thought Assuncao was out for much longer.

If this is the case, then I'd rather see Assuncao-TJ 2 over Barao-TJ 2

sounds good to me.

I had thought Assuncao was out for much longer.

If this is the case, then I'd rather see Assuncao-TJ 2 over Barao-TJ 2

Assuncao is fighting Faber in Brazil and Dillashaw is rumored to be facing Barao the next month in New Jersey

Absolutely! This is the fight to make

Assuncao is fighting Faber in Brazil and Dillashaw is rumored to be facing Barao the next month in New Jersey

Which makes no sense since they should be fighting each other since they will both be healthy by April.

First time I'm hearing about this.

Man Assuncao is getting a raw deal. As a previous poster already pointed out, it is about money.

imo the more relevant fights to make would've been tj-assuncao 2 and faber-rivera 2. or if you really like barao, barao-faber. faber is kind of the spoiler as long as tj is champ because i don't see tj and faber fighting.

BvK0uvbCEAEMf50.jpg

Because Dillashaw/Assuncao wouldn't draw a dime, whether on FS1, Fox, or PPV. It would probably do record low numbers for a main event no matter what the platform. Dillashaw/Barao and Dillashaw/Faber fights would draw more, and 2015 is the year of "how much money will be make off of this fight" strategy.

UFC shafting him just a bit, possibly. Seems like he already should have had a shot by now. I know once he turned down a short notice fight for injury but still.

I actually think he beats Faber now though. This will give him a guaranteed title shot and more hype from the fans. Assuncao is quick, in and out. Well rounded on the ground and hard to take down. Faber isn't as fast on his feet as he was a year or so ago.

Back