If anything, the fight was a draw.

Do you think it should have been a draw?

• Yeah, let's see a 2nd fight

• Yeah, but let's leave it as it is

• No, the fight was called correctly

• No, Silva was robbed

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Thuckey

I swear to drunk.. I'm not God.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I mean, yeah Bisping landed more and was pushing forward 100% of the time - but the amount of damage he inflicted was nowhere near the calibur that Anderson dished out WHEN he DID dish it out. Very frustrating to watch Silva only commit a few number of times, and he did very well when he did. WHY did he not continue to batter Bisping with those kicks, I'll never understand.. honestly he could have got the KO finish... In fact at one point he DID knock him out. He KNOCKED HIM OUT, and still lost.

Biggest wtf fight I may have seen at least in recent mma memory.

The reason why I believe it to be a draw is that many of the rounds could have gone either way to be honest. Bisping's strikes were fairly solid but not that great. Silva just didn't put as much output as he should have, yet like I said, when he did you could see glimpses of his former brilliance. It was a really tough fight to call - however I think it remains unfinished and would gladly see them go at it again.

Agree? Disagree? Do you think this should have been declared a draw?

And despite the frustrations in this fight it was pretty entertaining I'll give them that. Props to Bisping for pushing forward even through moments of hell. Many guys would have just given up even at the end of R3 - I've seen guys go down like that and just call it quits.

Also the end of the fight was very frustrating because to me it seemed Silva beleived he had already won, and was just doing whatever he needed to do to get to the bell. No sense of urgency whatsoever. And when Silva gets in that urgency mode he looks next to unstoppable. We need more of that. the 5-10% of the fight Silva is a fucking beast.

I wouldn't have fell apart if it were.

But overall, I thought Bisping outhustled Silva, much in part to Anderson just clowning and doing next to nothing for large portions of the fight.

I think MMA in general should have more draws than they do. People have an obsession with having to have a winner.

I wouldn't have fell apart if it were.

But overall, I thought Bisping outhustled Silva, much in part to Anderson just clowning and doing next to nothing for large portions of the fight.

Yeah, if I were to lean to one guy it'd be Bisping just for this reason.

Very reminiscent of the Maia fight. However Bisping proved to be a much more aggressive dude and Silva did even less in this fight than the Maia fight. However it is just so frustrating that Bisping did like 80% of the offense but the 20% that Silva did almost made things even. If they were 50-50 offensively Silva would have dominated.

Just look at Bispings face and body language in the later rounds. Fucking Silva needs to take things more seriously or something because what should have been another fantastic win he ruined completely. But, props again to Bisping for having the heart of a lion because that was what won him the fight.

But on the positive side Bisping's win did make me some money. I did believe he had a chance and even made a thread about it which is why I made my bet.. paid off! Most people counted the count out so he showed us.

One thing to be thankful for is that Bisping was not the one to end his title reign. I just don't see Bisping as champion material. He's elite for sure but he does better as the MW gatekeeper.

disagree because bisping won 1 2 4 and 3 wasnt a 10-8

Bisping was destroying Anderson until he made a stupid error (not related to his fighting ability, but just a lapse of judgement). There's no need to watch a rematch. Anderson got lucky and then couldn't finish a probably concussed, blinded Bisping. Anderson should retire.

Silva had the fight on the palm of his hand like a Kung Fu master holds a stone in his palm. He allowed Bisping to swipe it from him, Carradine style. No ones fault but Shaolin Silva. Congrats to Kung Bisping.

Bisping was destroying Anderson until he made a stupid error (not related to his fighting ability, but just a lapse of judgement). There's no need to watch a rematch. Anderson got lucky and then couldn't finish a probably concussed, blinded Bisping. Anderson should retire.
'

I wouldn't go as far as saying "destroying" as Silva did have pretty good defense - just next to no offense. But when the offense came it was just mere glimpses of what could have been. Bisping did very well though he dropped Silva a few times and he is not really known for his power. So this I think a mixture of Bisping making some vast improvments while Silva on the other hand is on the decline.

I'm leaning towards that as well. Upon further watching and assessment Id make the fourth round a 10-10 and thus we'd have a 48-48 tie.

I believe that Anderson still has the ability to defeat much of the MW division - but his gameplan and sense of strategy in general needs improvement. I'm not saying go full on GSP and never take any risks, but just have it in your mind that if it's going to go to the judges, win some god damn points.

Rd 3 was the clearest 10-8 you will ever see.

I wouldn't even know how to score a round in which one guy was KNOCKED OUT but then given the greenlight to continue.

Strange round. Silva pulled a Rousimar Palhares for sure. He knew the fight was not over but milked it out as much as he could, perhaps in the hopes that for some reason they would stop the fight anyways.

* What's funny is I forgot Palhare's name for a second, so to boost my memory I Google searched "mma dirty fighter" and he was the first thing to pop up.

Bisping got Silva at a good time and fought his ass off and showed a lot of heart. 99% of the UFC would have crumbled after that knee and even the front kick... Bisping was like a terminator in there. Much respect.

It was a unanimous decision, sir

Oddly enough for that I am thankful. I absolutely despise Split decisions.. Although I thought it a draw I am happy that all three judges agreed with each other.

It was an exciting fight. The selfish fan in me says, "Let's see it again".

Bisping got Silva at a good time and fought his ass off and showed a lot of heart. 99% of the UFC would have crumbled after that knee and even the front kick... Bisping was like a terminator in there. Much respect.

And to be honest.. Bisping had most of the "octagon control" and clearly was more aggressive. So even though Silva occasionally unleashes monstrous and deadly blows it just wasn't enough to win the rounds.

I don't think Silva wants anything to do with Bisping again, Silva's getting older while Bisping is getting tougher and tougher. Concidering he got knocked OUT but head never touching the canvas

And to be honest.. Bisping had most of the "octagon control" and clearly was more aggressive. So even though Silva occasionally unleashes monstrous and deadly blows it just wasn't enough to win the rounds.

I believe Silva feared gassing out and actually hesitated to exchange when Bisping caught him with a similar left that Weidman caught him and he dropped with Bisping on top.

I also wonder if Anderson is reluctant to destroy people after what happened to him. Its like he basically got the ko and basically finished Bisping but the bell saved him.... and now Anderson has to re-knock him out in front of Britain and Michaels family?? Anderson's a nice guy, family man and has been around and I wonder if it messed with him to think fk I have to destroy this guy again and maybe he couldnt bring himself to do it... not suggesting he threw the fight but I wonder if the killer is gone from Anderson because it felt like he had a damaged Bisping ripe for a ko but but didnt pull the trigger, again, to finish him.

Add it all up and I question Andersons desire to win but I give Bisping full credit for earning that win... its a complicated fight to digest tbh...

Back