If any of the goats had two crushing defeats in their prime..who would have coped the best?

not GSP - he lost to Hendricks and got handed a win by shit judges, then promptly exited MMA for good.

You mean the Hendricks that refused enhanced testing and now can't catch a win or even make weight?

Just imagine this happening to Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones etc in their primes?...I wonder who would have coped with those defeats the best out of those lot? And would they still have risen to supremacy?

A young Manny Pacquiao was knocked out TWICE before he became a superstar...so it's possible. But anyway I think Fedor may have handled it the best just because he's not emotional. Anderson is very emotional, GSP I think would fought even more safer than he usually did and Jones would not have been able to deal with this because he's all about confidence and ego. So once that is taken away I think we'd see a different man altogether.
Fedor in his prime lost to Werdum and even Bigfoot silva, but he's not the goat.

Most everyone considered to be possibly GOAT did lose while in their prime.
Silva and Fedor got old. I'd say they were out of their prime. They both had early losses, but not during their prime.

Anderson got finished by two Japanese cans in his prime and he seemed to move on from that pretty well

Imagine if Anderson had been finished by two Japanese welterweights.

The-Wire-Wee-Bey-OMG-1470610504.gif

Gsp and jones woulda came back harder then ever

Gsp came back safer then ever
FTFY. Remember when he used to be called 'Rush'? Not after Serra he wasn't.

Andrei Arlovski isn't a GOAT but he is a HOFer and he cried and played russian roulette after he lost to Fedor, and it wasn't the first time he held a loaded gun to his head after losing a fight.

Andrei Arlovski confessed Wednesday night to playing Russian roulette, a gamble during which a revolver is loaded with a single round, the cylinder spun, and then placed against the temple. The player pulls the trigger, chancing the bullet could end their life.

"First time I was 16, second time I was 30," said the thirty-year old former UFC heavyweight champion. "It's when you don't care about anything."

"I cried a lot after my fights, you know. When I lost to Fedor, I cried. When I lost to Rogers, I cried.
https://www.fighters.com/08/05/andr...ter-losses-to-fedor-emelianenko-brett-rogers/

Fighters are emotional people, especially the super competitive ones.

FTFY. Remember when he used to be called 'Rush'? Not after Serra he wasn't.

Andrei Arlovski isn't a GOAT but he is a HOFer and he cried and played russian roulette after he lost to Fedor, and it wasn't the first time he held a loaded gun to his head after losing a fight.

https://www.fighters.com/08/05/andr...ter-losses-to-fedor-emelianenko-brett-rogers/

Fighters are emotional people, especially the super competitive ones.
I remember when he destroyed Serra in the rematch but i agree with he became safe afterwards but hey seeing all these champs lose their belts like nothing makes me think george was more tatical in his approach then be boring

I think it would be hard to argue them as a GOAT if they were decisively fucked up two consecutive times in their prime.

Fedor running back to Japan to fight cans is the Russian equivalent of a purple pillow.

not GSP - he lost to Hendricks and got handed a win by shit judges, then promptly exited MMA for good.

Yeah, imagine if GSP had been stopped by both Hughes and Serra - he'd have quit MMA for good then too. Luckily he never lost to either of them, and the fight with Hendricks was the first close time he came close to losing.

And just think of what would have happened if Anderson had lost to someone like Chonan or Takase. Would have given up MMA on the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back