If any of the goats had two crushing defeats in their prime..who would have coped the best?

HespectNutting

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just imagine this happening to Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones etc in their primes?...I wonder who would have coped with those defeats the best out of those lot? And would they still have risen to supremacy?

A young Manny Pacquiao was knocked out TWICE before he became a superstar...so it's possible. But anyway I think Fedor may have handled it the best just because he's not emotional. Anderson is very emotional, GSP I think would fought even more safer than he usually did and Jones would not have been able to deal with this because he's all about confidence and ego. So once that is taken away I think we'd see a different man altogether.

I think all them would of handled it fine.

not GSP - he lost to Hendricks and got handed a win by shit judges, then promptly exited MMA for good.

I can't imagine Fedor going crying on Ellen, talking about how he wanted to spawn Travis' babies

Rousey= Biggest sore loser in sports history

She'll go into hiding for another year and talk about how losing is a choice and she didn't lose to Amanda...

Last edited:
I am going to go with Georges, he lost to Hughes the first time and got finished and then came back with a vengeance to crush Hughes. He then in his very next fight got stomped by Serra and came back even better and clapped the welterweight division.

Jon Jones obviously. He just doesnt give a fuck about reality. After beeing busted for cocaine and hit and run he simply continued and went for that PEDs.

I'd probably go gsp>Hughes>fedor>jones

Jones goes on coke rampages when he wins, imagine what he'd do if he lost

Maybe avenging a loss from early on. He stated during their prime. Someone considered GOAT shouldn't be losing during their prime.

Most everyone considered to be possibly GOAT did lose while in their prime.

If Rumble ko's Jones stiff, I think Jones would be fine

Just imagine this happening to Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones etc in their primes?...I wonder who would have coped with those defeats the best out of those lot? And would they still have risen to supremacy?

A young Manny Pacquiao was knocked out TWICE before he became a superstar...so it's possible. But anyway I think Fedor may have handled it the best just because he's not emotional. Anderson is very emotional, GSP I think would fought even more safer than he usually did and Jones would not have been able to deal with this because he's all about confidence and ego. So once that is taken away I think we'd see a different man altogether.
I mean GSP got armbared by Matt Hughes and came back strong then he got lunked by Matt Serra and never lost again. It's not really the same as getting knocked out twice in a row, but if we are talking in hypotheticals I think that the way GSP handled defeat shows a lot about his spirit so I'm going to go with GSP....

Back