if Antonio Mckee beats Aoki monday should he be brought back in to the UFC?

Viper98

GSP Fan
Reaction score
granted I think Aoki wins via gogoplata.................... but should Mckee win do you feel he's worthy of being brought back?

You can say he's boring but the UFC isn't about being exciting. it's about skill..........and to cut a guy after 1 loss in 7 1/2 years and that loss being a split decision was always bullshit...........Aoki would be 4 straight wins since that fight so he's more than worthy of being in the octagon.

Dana doesn't like him, he didn't cut McKee because he's boring he cut McKee because he only signed him to see him lose in the first place. I don't see McKee ever being back except as a late replacement, and there are way more than enough LWs that can fill that role without grabbing guys that the UFC brass has never been keen on.

Dana doesn't like him, he didn't cut McKee because he's boring he cut McKee because he only signed him to see him lose in the first place. I don't see McKee ever being back except as a late replacement, and there are way more than enough LWs that can fill that role without grabbing guys that the UFC brass has never been keen on.

Dana doesn't like a lot of people

granted I think Aoki wins via gogoplata.................... but should Mckee win do you feel he's worthy of being brought back?

You can say he's boring but the UFC isn't about being exciting. it's about skill..........and to cut a guy after 1 loss in 7 1/2 years and that loss being a split decision was always bullshit...........Aoki would be 4 straight wins since that fight so he's more than worthy of being in the octagon.

Aoki going to take home a trophy....most likely an arm.

No chance in hell.

He cut the guy after a single fight & no amount of winning is gonna get the 42 year old fighter signed by the UFC again.

Yes, and he should get a title shot. Because apparently beating Aoki make you number 1 contender.

Yes, and he should get a title shot. Because apparently beating Aoki make you number 1 contender.

#1 contender? no I didn't say that

it will put Mckee back in teh top 20 for sure though

I'm pretty sure Aoki is still a top 15 fighter since his only losses in the last 3 years are to the best LW fighter on the planet and Eddie Alvarez

Unfortunately this is correct.

Yeah but at LW, plus he's boring?
There's not a lot of upside on resigning McKee, there's not even fan or media pressure.

the long time face of the UFC(randy couture) was only marginally more entertaining to watch

the long time face of the UFC(randy couture) was only marginally more entertaining to watch

But Dana liked him.
You forget that.
It's not just that Dana doesn't like him, or that he's boring, or that he's in the one division that was more than enough talent, or that he's old -

It's all of them.
Sorry, I'm actually a pretty big McKee fan I thought he beat Volkmann, and I thought he deserved at least one more fight

But it's very very unlikely he gets back in the UFC. Not impossible, he could come in on late replacement but I doubt it.

Even MFC doesn't really want anything to do with him at this point, little upside here.

Back