If Anderson Silva Returns, He Needs to Fight Cung Le

mmafan604

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Anderson-Silva-2.jpg

Almost three years ago StrikeForce held its first Zuffa owned card. When the event was over announcers Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock were talking about the endless superfight possibilities. One of them was Anderson Silva versus Cung Le. The MMA world laughed in unison at the outrageous suggestion. Yet, we

Would be a good fight, but i think they will try to put Anderson in a position to fight Weidman again.

Would be a good fight, but i think they will try to put Anderson in a position to fight Weidman again.

I hope not. A few legacy fights like the Cung Le match up would be better advised imo.

I'd get excited to watch Anderson Silva vs Cung Le, but Anderson needs to rematch Vitor the Destroyer and face GSP where GSP can make him pay for calling him a midget.

I'm down. Both guys are old so it has to happen as early as possible.

I agree, that would be a great fight. I love the idea of them putting it on FOX too, but I highly doubt that would happen.

anderson-silva-2.jpg

almost three years ago strikeforce held its first zuffa owned card. When the event was over announcers mauro ranallo and frank shamrock were talking about the endless superfight possibilities. One of them was anderson silva versus cung le. The mma world laughed in unison at the outrageous suggestion. Yet, we

If anyone can pull a comeback for the ages its the great Anderson Silva.

He comes back takes out his tune ups then gets his belt back regardless of who has it.

Love A Silva, but it will be tough for him to come back from this injury. The mental aspect of using that leg will be more difficult than the physical aspect.

Even if he came back 100% mentally and Physically, I give the fight to Weidman. He knows how to fight Silva and has the style to pull It off.

I totally agree with this fight being a comeback fight for both Anderson Silva and Cung Le.

Cung is the former Strikeforce Middleweight champion while Anderson is the former UFC middleweight champion.

Cung Le has a unique san shou style that we've never seen Anderson face before. This fight could be a co-main event at a PPV or a headliner in Brazil to get one of these fighters back on track.

Cung Le fights like a video game character for as long as the gas tank lasts for, I'm down with this match-up. Le would definitely be the best Kicker that Silva has ever faced. It would be interesting to see whether or not Silva would try to bully Le with his superior size as opposed to trying to suck him into his confusing world of side-steps and outside counterpunching.

I totally agree with this fight being a comeback fight for both Anderson Silva and Cung Le.

Cung is the former Strikeforce Middleweight champion while Anderson is the former UFC middleweight champion.

Cung Le has a unique san shou style that we've never seen Anderson face before. This fight could be a co-main event at a PPV or a headliner in Brazil to get one of these fighters back on track.

I don't think its even competitive. Silva with his range and sniper like striking will destroy cung le. Worse than Wanderlai Silva did.

When has Anderson Silva ever faced as capable a striker as Cung Le? Vitor doesn't count because he wasn't headkick KO destroyer Vitor back then.

When has Anderson Silva ever faced as capable a striker as Cung Le? Vitor doesn't count because he wasn't headkick KO destroyer Vitor back then.
Vitor has always been a decent technical striker with some strong counters. He's just better now. He's always had the left high kick he utterly flattened Bisping and Hendo with, but now he's actually crafty enough to do stuff like feint the left straight to draw a parry and then kick through the space created, etc.

But to answer your question, the best strikers that Silva has ever faced are Vitor Belfort and Chris Weidman, and I wouldn't say Cung is dramatically better than Chris or Vitor but he is a completely different style match-up in that he is one of the best kickers in all of mma.

Back