If Anderson Silva loses to Israel Adesanya, does that affect his GOAT legacy?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
If Anderson Silva loses to Israel Adesanya, does that do anything to his legacy as one of the GOATs?
Would he move down in your GOAT rankings? Or the result of this fight wouldn't matter?

I give him credit for being 43 years old and still taking on these big challenges

Win or lose he's still up there

The dick pills have something to do with that.

That wouldn't. The steroids are a different story though

No.

Just like BJ Penn is fine. Two division GOAT before it was cool.

Anderson's legacy is more effected by roids.

No, at this point he's pretty clearly fighting for the fun and challenge, a fighter should be judged with his fights put in context. When the fight took place, against whom and any other relevant circumstances should be considered.

I don't think Anderson is the GOAT anyway, but that's my opinion. Win or lose against Israel, he had an amazing career, and I don't see the outcome of this fight (either way) will affect anything. His legacy probably has more to gain by winning than he'll lose with a loss.

If anyone says yes they should be banned

No, GOAT status is defined by an athlete's best run, not by their entire career.

Otherwise you end up "rewarding" fighters who play safe at the start and end of their career, and greatness has nothing to do with safeness.

You allowed to lose out of prime in the GOAT discussion or lose after a layoff.

The Roids already affected is legacy.

That being said, gettin' close to double digit loses doesn't help.

A lot of sherdog held it against Fedor so according to them yes. Anyone that knows fighting says no.

He's way way past his best in a standup contest where reflexes, strength, speed, and stamina play a major factor. As wish most any fight he takes going forward, a win will look amazing and a loss will do nothing but make people to call for him to retire.

No... We have seen him at his best. He is no longer at his best. Nothing that happens today has any bearing on Silva at his best.

What affects his GOAT legacy more than anything is beating Sakurai and then being subbed by a guy with a losing record all-time in Takase and then the crazy sub to Chonan. He was already a beast at that point and Takase literally climbed around all over him and made him look absolutely like he didn't belong in the ring with him. That is a terrible loss. Chonan isn't a terrible loss, but it was an upset. Takase beating Silva is probably the worst loss of any GOAT candidate.

He was never the GOAT so it doesnt matter if he wins or loses.

Damage has already been done. Jones, GSP, MM and maybe a few others are typically brought up not him. Only upside here if he wins IMO. Otherwise his story's already been written.

We all know his best days are long behind him, so there's no loss at this point that would probably affect his legacy. Still sucks for us fans to see these once great warriors reduce themselves to this.

I'm still hoping he turns back the clock and puts Israel to sleep with another one of his highlight reel knockouts.

MW GOAT

And no he will be 44 soon enough.. this L's don't count as much he has been done for a long time now.

Back