International If America said it would not protect particular other countries anymore.....

Is it really accurate/fair to refer to the American empire as smarter than the British or Roman empires or as the greatest empire of all time?

Has the American empire even been in existence for 100 years? The British Empire existed for 300 - 500 years, the Roman Empire for 500 - 1500 years (depending on your interpretation, of course). Expert and non-expert consensus appears to be that America is already in decline. You've already invested a great deal in building resentment around the world. And, to be honest, forcing people's dependence on you does not necessarily do much to reduce resentment.

The Americans need to invent some sports that their colonies can embrace , then let those colonies beat you at said sports so rather than resent you they come to pity you instead .

China would take taiwan
China would definitely absorb Taiwan in a heart-beat

That can't be allowed to happen, there's too much industrial high tech capacity there. It's home to some of the largest pure play semiconductor foundries and most advanced process technology in the world (alongside Intel) with assets heavily integrated into the US defense network, tech corps and supply chain.

The Americans need to invent some sports that their colonies can embrace , then let those colonies beat you at said sports so rather than resent you they come to pity you instead .

I know you're kidding, but American sports are kinda crappy. They feel like cheap knock-offs.

Expecting the world to embrace American sports is like expecting the world to revere Chinese innovation.

I know you're kidding, but American sports are kinda crappy. They feel like cheap knock-offs.

Expecting the world to embrace American sports is like expecting the world to revere Chinese innovation.

Like modern unified rules MMA? o_O

i always read this from conservative posters and it's like you think NATO is some random entity we were forced to join by other countries and give money to. WE built NATO as a consequence of the marshall plan to rebuild europe after ww2. WE wanted NATO to build a stronger europe to combat the spread of the soviet union and communism. WE continue to fund it because allies create a safer world, and despite the collapse of the USSR, they still remain a dangerous threat (see: crimea; election interference; journalist assassinations; human rights violations).

the propaganda to dismantle NATO as some kind of leech on the US tax dollars shows such a narrow view of foreign policy and contemporary international politics that it actually makes me scratch my mother fuckin head. there are hostile nations like china and especially russia that want US global presence to dwindle. we've been a blockade on the spread of some pretty evil shit. you can point to whatever atrocities we ourselves have done, but it doesn't negate the overwhelming powerful influence we've had on world stability. you start to remove that variable, and you are going to see a real cluster fuck.

truthfully (and not directed at you seano) there's too many of these "nwo / globalist" conspiracy fucks who spout off idiocy and pretend like the world would somehow be safer and more secure if we just retracted our presence and influence. it wouldn't. it would lead to more geopolitical conflicts and a decentralization of conflict where you have mini wars all over the place.

i'm no war monger either. it's not like i enjoy this particular role we serve. and we've certainly abused it with choices like the iraq war and vietnam. but the overall goal and consequence of our presence is undeniable to anyone with even an elementary understanding of international politics. there's no evil hand guiding global affairs. it's messy, chaotic, and dangerous. there are certainly elites who take advantage of those opportunities too, maybe even create some, but that's all they are - opportunists.

so yea, we really do want to fuckin keep NATO. we invest a miniscule amount into it and the alliance it creates is invaluable. or, we can wrap arms with russia and china and see where that fuckin takes us.
This seems like a weird response to my post. I'm not offended or anything, I just don't see what it has to do with what I said. I'm not for dismantling NATO. I sort of think the rest of the world takes advantage of our contribution and shits on us for it, like others have said but I'm not anti NATO. I believe the US contributes far too much for what we get out of it, I'll say that.

There are very few countries who could project power and maintain control for any length of time.

America pats itself on the back for being world police a little too much.

There are very few countries who could project power and maintain control for any length of time.

America pats itself on the back for being world police a little too much.
Maybe if Europe could learn to protect itself and stop leeching off of us or at least meet their obligation for the protection our association provides them, we wouldn't have such an easy time taking that credit.

We would still be a super power.
I think even if the US has scraps all defense treaties with other countries regional powers like Russia and China would still hesitate invading countries maybe China will occupy Vietnam and Taiwan and Russia will go after Ukraine but I think they will still not go full blitzkreg sweeping accross continents for the fear of the precedent it will set.

The US is still the most powerfull idustrial,agricultural and militar power in the planet UN treaties can barely contain it but still the US mostly restrains it self from going Death Star on some regions.

The day the Russians decides they no longer want to honor the UN treaties by invading countries they better pray the USA and its peoples dont get motivated for another world war.

Last edited:
USA profited from war though. They crumbled because of internal issues, CIA killing Presidents, insane Presidents and relying on imigrants to provide security, the Feds.

Fixed that for yah...

What kind of things would happen around the world? Would some nations feel it was a green light to become aggressive towards particular countries that used to have America's protection?
Russia with some Eastern European countries?

Would a united European military be enough to make the likes of Russia and China think twice about doing something that they wouldn't of in the past? Britain and France have nukes afterall, although a lot less than the two countries mentioned of course.
What about in other parts of the planet, could things change there? If America didn't protect Australia who would if Indonesia or China wanted it? Britain? Would Britain still protect Australia and NZ these days?
People act like if you legalized drugs everyone would be an addict overnight. Government has to maintain the illusion that the world would collapse without them. It’s disgusting the lengths they will go to maintain that facade. But if you ask me I feel like we already live in a one world government. In every country there seems to be a level of colonialist tactics where people are poked and prodded like animals to fight amongst themselves.

Is it really accurate/fair to refer to the American empire as smarter than the British or Roman empires or as the greatest empire of all time?

Has the American empire even been in existence for 100 years? The British Empire existed for 300 - 500 years, the Roman Empire for 500 - 1500 years (depending on your interpretation, of course). Expert and non-expert consensus appears to be that America is already in decline. You've already invested a great deal in building resentment around the world. And, to be honest, forcing people's dependence on you does not necessarily do much to reduce resentment.

As is often pointed out in these sorts of discussions, American supremacy is less about American capability than it is about geographic good fortune.

Greatness is arguable. I think we are simply because we established our empire at the most competitive time. Rome didn't have to compete with any indigenous American empires or anything south of the Sahara or from enemies in the far East. They got ahead of their region and took care of primarily regional rivals.

Britain definitely has a claim to the goat status empire.

But I think it's clear that the US is smarter. In general, I believe every generation that learns from the one before it is smarter. We built an empire off the biggest war of all time, managing to win it and position the world in our favor while also taking the least casualties and no damage on our soil. That's smart. Then we maintained that empire through minor conflicts and proxy wars that destabilized the globe but kept us largely unaffected, while somehow spinning our constant global terror into this lovable commercial juggernaught, so much so that the children whose parents were killed by our bombs still watch Disney movies. It's ingenious.

Every empire fosters resentment. That's part of the game. But for an empire of our scope and brutality, the blowback has been stunningly low and well managed.

Last edited:
Just fine in what way?

It was fine in that there was another superpower to be hostile towards and to use to justify all sorts of expansionist and imperialist actions.

Once that superpower went away, everything went to shit.

1*EanlA6MWa8Yi8Fy407g8kg.jpeg

It's all for security tho

So much to learn from the English still

Idk basketball has become pretty popular worldwide. Baseball really only in East Asia and the Caribbean.

That can't be allowed to happen, there's too much industrial high tech capacity there. It's home to some of the largest pure play semiconductor foundries and most advanced process technology in the world (alongside Intel) with assets heavily integrated into the US defense network, tech corps and supply chain.

Who is going to say 'No' to China when they start on Taiwan?

We would still be a super power.
Militarily but we would lose a lot of good will and influence. I understand America first but there's a lot that good diplomacy can accomplish that not even "fire and fury" can equal.

Back