International If America said it would not protect particular other countries anymore.....

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Billy no mates

Billy no mates Purple Belt

The Americans need to invent some sports that their colonies can embrace , then let those colonies beat you at said sports so rather than resent you they come to pity you instead .

A.C. likes this.
  2. NoDak

NoDak Leviticus 20:13

That can't be allowed to happen, there's too much industrial high tech capacity there. It's home to some of the largest pure play semiconductor foundries and most advanced process technology in the world (alongside Intel) with assets heavily integrated into the US defense network, tech corps and supply chain.

3. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

I know you're kidding, but American sports are kinda crappy. They feel like cheap knock-offs.

Expecting the world to embrace American sports is like expecting the world to revere Chinese innovation.

4. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Like modern unified rules MMA? o_O

Cubo de Sangre and ShinkanPo like this.
  5. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Kitschy knock-off of boxing. Basically pro wrestling - with worse storylines and less compelling characters. :rolleyes:

I kid, of course.
    MMA's a Greek sport.

ShinkanPo and Billy no mates like this.
  6. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

This seems like a weird response to my post. I'm not offended or anything, I just don't see what it has to do with what I said. I'm not for dismantling NATO. I sort of think the rest of the world takes advantage of our contribution and shits on us for it, like others have said but I'm not anti NATO. I believe the US contributes far too much for what we get out of it, I'll say that.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  7. pinger

pinger Brown Belt Platinum Member

There are very few countries who could project power and maintain control for any length of time.

America pats itself on the back for being world police a little too much.

8. Prex32

Prex32 Black Belt

the US was just fine before the 90s, europe too, then something changed, for the worse

9. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Maybe if Europe could learn to protect itself and stop leeching off of us or at least meet their obligation for the protection our association provides them, we wouldn't have such an easy time taking that credit.

Cubo de Sangre and Cuauhtemoc like this.
  10. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo I'll be the one to pluck that fleur

I think even if the US has scraps all defense treaties with other countries regional powers like Russia and China would still hesitate invading countries maybe China will occupy Vietnam and Taiwan and Russia will go after Ukraine but I think they will still not go full blitzkreg sweeping accross continents for the fear of the precedent it will set.

The US is still the most powerfull idustrial,agricultural and militar power in the planet UN treaties can barely contain it but still the US mostly restrains it self from going Death Star on some regions.

The day the Russians decides they no longer want to honor the UN treaties by invading countries they better pray the USA and its peoples dont get motivated for another world war.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    LangfordBarrow likes this.
  11. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo I'll be the one to pluck that fleur

Fixed that for yah...

Leagon and Cuauhtemoc like this.
  12. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Pragmatic Technocratic Authoritarian

Americans are dominating MMA, right now. Except for the women.

13. Joe265

Joe265 Yellow Card Yellow Card

People act like if you legalized drugs everyone would be an addict overnight. Government has to maintain the illusion that the world would collapse without them. It’s disgusting the lengths they will go to maintain that facade. But if you ask me I feel like we already live in a one world government. In every country there seems to be a level of colonialist tactics where people are poked and prodded like animals to fight amongst themselves.

14. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

Greatness is arguable. I think we are simply because we established our empire at the most competitive time. Rome didn't have to compete with any indigenous American empires or anything south of the Sahara or from enemies in the far East. They got ahead of their region and took care of primarily regional rivals.

Britain definitely has a claim to the goat status empire.

But I think it's clear that the US is smarter. In general, I believe every generation that learns from the one before it is smarter. We built an empire off the biggest war of all time, managing to win it and position the world in our favor while also taking the least casualties and no damage on our soil. That's smart. Then we maintained that empire through minor conflicts and proxy wars that destabilized the globe but kept us largely unaffected, while somehow spinning our constant global terror into this lovable commercial juggernaught, so much so that the children whose parents were killed by our bombs still watch Disney movies. It's ingenious.

Every empire fosters resentment. That's part of the game. But for an empire of our scope and brutality, the blowback has been stunningly low and well managed.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  15. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

Just fine in what way?

16. Possum Jenkins

Possum Jenkins 3 Piece with a Soda Belt

It was fine in that there was another superpower to be hostile towards and to use to justify all sorts of expansionist and imperialist actions.

Once that superpower went away, everything went to shit.

[​IMG]

It's all for security tho

Leagon likes this.
  17. A.C.

A.C. AKA Volcano Fists AKA Galaxy Knuckles Platinum Member

So much to learn from the English still

18. A.C.

A.C. AKA Volcano Fists AKA Galaxy Knuckles Platinum Member

Idk basketball has become pretty popular worldwide. Baseball really only in East Asia and the Caribbean.

19. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

Who is going to say 'No' to China when they start on Taiwan?

20. LangfordBarrow

LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

Militarily but we would lose a lot of good will and influence. I understand America first but there's a lot that good diplomacy can accomplish that not even "fire and fury" can equal.

Leagon likes this.