International If America said it would not protect particular other countries anymore.....

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Jul 10, 2019.

1. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Free RR! Belt

dude, I was totally kidding too and being sarcastic.

I thought the "hating us for our freedom" would have been the hint. lol

Leagon likes this.
  2. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

US contributes more to NATO than the rest of the world combined.

Stoic1 likes this.
  3. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Never joke about freedom again.

[​IMG]

newerest and LogicalInsanity like this.
  4. Leagon

Leagon Silver Belt

Haha, sorry. There are so many crazies here, I don't know what's what anymore.

5. Caudillo

Caudillo Banned Banned

Your wife has had bigger than you in her past
    God i am getting hard at my scenarios coming true and yours. This is why I want the US to just go insane under Trump and he extends his term illegally, or for the US to just withdraw and weaken. I dont care if i die, the world needs some excitement and to see the next level of evolution

6. Caudillo

Caudillo Banned Banned

Your wife has had bigger than you in her past
    The Ámerican´´ empire is ruled by foreigners and stands for nothing and has about 10 years left to 15 max. Till its partition and the movement of power to multipolarity and major power overseas.

7. TheGreatA

TheGreatA Silver Belt

Turkey would immediately move to "clean up" the Kurds, and there's a good chance they'd move to settle that stalemate in Cyprus, as well.

Russia would re-establish previous borders and basically wipe out all the weaklings next to its borders, the likes of Georgia, etc. who have no armies to speak of.

North Korea would most likely ramp up their threats and boasts directed towards South Korea, although they'd probably need an effective nuke before outright conquering it.

Israel would probably make a move on Iran, to neutralize it as a nuclear threat. Iran, anticipating that, would likely rally its proxies in Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, to launch an attack of their own, against Israel and Saudi Arabia.

China would definitely absorb Taiwan in a heart-beat, and probably other defenseless regions in the West. Might even assist the NK in conquering South Korea, so that they can rule both through a proxy.

wufabufa, The ScorpioN and Caudillo like this.
  8. Wrath of Foamy

Wrath of Foamy Purple Belt

I wish that I could put in "what if" scenarios on Google and be given a link to a video, where I could watch it all play out...

9. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

America protecting a buncha pussies who talk shit on us for our guns and willingness to use force?

Seano and Stoic1 like this.
  10. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Pragmatic Technocratic Authoritarian

Rome profited from war though. They crumbled because of internal issues, Praetorians killing Emperors, insane Emperors and relying on foreigners to provide security, the Foederati.

11. Fugazy

Fugazy Aka Ferrari Houseshoes Double Yellow Card

This all makes me think, how can the US govt start making more money. Surely if we wanted to we could make as much money as possible and have surpluses.

12. sloppypie

sloppypie Brown Belt

i always read this from conservative posters and it's like you think NATO is some random entity we were forced to join by other countries and give money to. WE built NATO as a consequence of the marshall plan to rebuild europe after ww2. WE wanted NATO to build a stronger europe to combat the spread of the soviet union and communism. WE continue to fund it because allies create a safer world, and despite the collapse of the USSR, they still remain a dangerous threat (see: crimea; election interference; journalist assassinations; human rights violations).

the propaganda to dismantle NATO as some kind of leech on the US tax dollars shows such a narrow view of foreign policy and contemporary international politics that it actually makes me scratch my mother fuckin head. there are hostile nations like china and especially russia that want US global presence to dwindle. we've been a blockade on the spread of some pretty evil shit. you can point to whatever atrocities we ourselves have done, but it doesn't negate the overwhelming powerful influence we've had on world stability. you start to remove that variable, and you are going to see a real cluster fuck.

truthfully (and not directed at you seano) there's too many of these "nwo / globalist" conspiracy fucks who spout off idiocy and pretend like the world would somehow be safer and more secure if we just retracted our presence and influence. it wouldn't. it would lead to more geopolitical conflicts and a decentralization of conflict where you have mini wars all over the place.

i'm no war monger either. it's not like i enjoy this particular role we serve. and we've certainly abused it with choices like the iraq war and vietnam. but the overall goal and consequence of our presence is undeniable to anyone with even an elementary understanding of international politics. there's no evil hand guiding global affairs. it's messy, chaotic, and dangerous. there are certainly elites who take advantage of those opportunities too, maybe even create some, but that's all they are - opportunists.

so yea, we really do want to fuckin keep NATO. we invest a miniscule amount into it and the alliance it creates is invaluable. or, we can wrap arms with russia and china and see where that fuckin takes us.

13. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Red Belt

For one thing, Pat Buchanan would die a happy man. He's head over heels with Tulsi Gabbard because he thinks she is the most isolationist candidate running and would bring us closer to that scenario. I can't disagree with him.

14. Skarr

Skarr Purple Belt

IMO a less ego driven question would be ....what would happen if the US stop interfering in the political landscape of other countires and/or other countries infrastructures?

15. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

See the quote below why people want out of NATO or UN military roles and for the US to stop coming to the aid when shit goes down.

16. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Sounds bad for American tourists going abroad and great for arms dealers.

17. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

This is not even a hypothetical question. It happened so many times when the aggressor believe that the U.S would stand idle.

The first Gulf War is a prime example of this. Saddam was so belligerent because he thought America wouldn't do anything to stop him from taking over Kuwait.

ShinkanPo likes this.
  18. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Without America?
    Mostly useless.

19. KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP Québecstan S S R

There are both sides of the story.
    Look at the countries and regions that the USA has fucked / destabilised because it fits its interets.

For us, Westerners? Yes, absolutely, post WWII and then post Perestroyka Murrcan partial and then total hegemony is a good thing.

But as a net, I am not sure that American involvement has been a good thing for Latin America and the Middle East as a whole, not to mention countries like Iran or say, Panama, or the Dominican Republic or Chile, that were completely fucked by the USA.

20. PrinceOfPain

PrinceOfPain Silver Belt

Is it really accurate/fair to refer to the American empire as smarter than the British or Roman empires or as the greatest empire of all time?

Has the American empire even been in existence for 100 years? The British Empire existed for 300 - 500 years, the Roman Empire for 500 - 1500 years (depending on your interpretation, of course). Expert and non-expert consensus appears to be that America is already in decline. You've already invested a great deal in building resentment around the world. And, to be honest, forcing people's dependence on you does not necessarily do much to reduce resentment.

As is often pointed out in these sorts of discussions, American supremacy is less about American capability than it is about geographic good fortune.