If Alvarez defeats Henderson, Bellator has #1 lightweight?

You don't become the number 1 lightweight in the world via process of elimination.

Basically exactly what I was trying to say except u did it in a single sentence.

I would go further and say no one can be a #1 LW in the world period. Simply #1 LW in ufc. Or strike force. Or wec. Etc etc.

P4p rankings are a theoretical joke.

Yes while fighters like Anderson Silva would more than likely demolish any fighter in their weight class ever...it is never safe to say for for certain. These fights are so dynamic you really never know what can happen. Just like you would never expect Fedor to get pounded by bigfoot. Or serra to KO gsp. Does that make bigfoot or serra #1 automatically? Lol

For all we know they might already. Chandler is a beast and hes only getting better

I can see Alvarez being a challenge on the feet but I think Bendo's grappling is on another level. Alvarez probably can't match Bendo's pace for 5 rounds.

Chandler is about to lose to Hawn so i am not sure how this thread makes sense...

This thread is just weird...Eddie is in the middle of being sued...

You don't become the number 1 lightweight in the world via process of elimination.

Brock did. Werdum was between 6-8 when he beat the number 1 guy in the world and somehow that made Brock the number 1 fighter in the world. Serra wasn't top 20 when he beat GSP and yet he shot all the way up to number 1, the rankings favor UFC fighters too much and these differing scenario shows that.

Back