If Alvarez defeats Henderson, Bellator has #1 lightweight?

When you beat the #1 you become the number 1 that's how it works... Chandler beat Eddie 2 years ago when Eddie was ranked 7th, he essentially took eddies spot. If Eddie beats benson it's a much bigger win than chandler beating Eddie... But yes chandler would have a legit claim at arguments.

Strength of competition is everything. Chandler will be the best when he comes to the UFC and beats the best consistently even if Alvarez does become champ. Being the best isn't about having 1 big win its about consistency. Otherwise Matt Serra, Ryo Chonan and Werdum are the GOAT.

So if alvarez beats henderson, then chandler will be the #1 lightweight? huh?

Maybe you should pay attention to the sport instead of coming here talking shit everyday.

On topic, there's no way that Alvarez would get to a title shot. He'll lose to most of the top ten guys in the UFC.

i am rooting for alvarez... and yeah i would say that makes chandler #1

Let's see if Chandler gets by Hawn first.
I like Hawn. Good match up for Michael.
I think Chandler's relentlessness might work against him with Hawn's judo. With that said, I see Chandler win a close, entertaining fight. The difference may lie in how Michael has progressed with his boxing. Hawn has very underrated boxing.

Maybe you should pay attention to the sport instead of coming here talking shit everyday.

Did you not read the quoter I was quoting?? It is you that needs to pay attention instead of coming in here with your hate.

Still wouldn't make Chandler #1. It would raise his stock but doesn't have nearly the level of good wins as Henderson and Alvarez even though he has beaten Alvarez.

When you beat the #1 you become the number 1 that's how it works... Chandler beat Eddie 2 years ago when Eddie was ranked 7th, he essentially took eddies spot. If Eddie beats benson it's a much bigger win than chandler beating Eddie... But yes chandler would have a legit claim at arguments.

That was just 14 months ago big difference from 2 years lol

Match ups make fights, winning against bendo doesn't mean an opponent that defeated alverez can beat pettis maynerd diaz sanchez melendez ... But it would make ufc want to sign chandler badly

Lol @ MMAth.

It also depends how alvarez wins, a finish holds more weight then a decision, we have to take that into consideration also.

This actually isn't MMAth. MMAth is saying if Alvarez beat Henderson, and Chandler beat Alvarez, that Chandler would beat Henderson. That is not the case. It is saying Chandler beat Alvarez, and is better. If Alvarez beats Henderson he is the #1 in the UFC. How do you rank someone #2 who has beat #1 and never lost to them? This is logic, not MMAth. Maybe if you spent more time thinking and less time making stupid hate posts against fighters you would get it.

As to the OP, it's a legitimate claim. But the problem lies in the fact that Alvarez could have grown beyond Chandler since their fight. So it is not a guarantee and I suspect Alvarez goes to #1 and Chandler MAYBE #2.

not how rankings work, besides, everyone knows as soon as you sign a UFC contract you get superpowers and instantly become a better fighter. see: ben henderson. no way chandler would beat UFC eddie.

Doesn't work that way.

Frankie was #1 after beating BJ despite having an unavenged loss to Maynard who had yet to lose.

Rampage would have been #1 had he beaten Jones in 2011, despite having a loss to Rashad who beat him a year prior and hadn't lost since then.

Say Overeem wins but doesn't get a title shot for whatever reason (injured, Cain is injured and he doesn't wait, elects to fight JDS instead), if Werdum fights for and wins the title he would be ranked as the #1 HW despite losing to Overeem who hadn't yet lost.

I think the only cases I know of in recent history where a guy didn't get bumped to #1 after beating the #1 ranked fighter is Werdum (Brock was ranked #1 instead) & Forrest (Rampage got ranked #1), both of those cases were someone outside the top 5 however.

I'm gonna call the upset & say Rick Hawn spoils the argument

Back