If Alvarez defeats Henderson, Bellator has #1 lightweight?

But alvarez isn't the #1 lightweight in Bellator......

Alvarez is a very good fighter but I don't see how he can beat Bendo. Bendo will most likely take him down and that's all she wrote.

So if alvarez beats henderson, then chandler will be the #1 lightweight? huh?

I'm asking, if Alvarez defeats Henderson, who is ranked most everywhere as #1, where does that leave Chandler, who defeated Alvarez and hasn't lost since.

I'm asking, if Alvarez defeats Henderson, who is ranked most everywhere as #1, where does that leave Chandler, who defeated Alvarez and hasn't lost since.

Probably somewhere around 6.

So if alvarez beats henderson, then chandler will be the #1 lightweight? huh?

Chandler beat Alvarez. Alvarez beats Benson. Chandler beat the man who beat the man, making him...the man.

Although I don't think Alvarez will beat Benson, I do think that Chandler is the real deal.

Lol you mean the guy who beat up Akihiro Gono?

If Alvarez were to be the one to beat Bendo and Chandler gets past Hawn that would make Chandler #1 at LW.

The almost thing about this scenario is that it will probably never happen. Alvarez is awesome but he wouldn't win against Ben even though I'm sure he would probably make the fight a battle if Ben chose to stand with him.

I wouldn't think so, he still has to come to the UFC and prove it.

Whether or not Chandler would be number 1 on most lists, he'd have a legit claim to it, which would be a huge W for Bellator. It would be a big gamble for the UFC to actually give Alvarez the immediate title shot. I don't know why they'd do it.

Chandler beat Alvarez. Alvarez beats Benson. Chandler beat the man who beat the man, making him...the man.

Although I don't think Alvarez will beat Benson, I do think that Chandler is the real deal.

Lol @ MMAth.

It also depends how alvarez wins, a finish holds more weight then a decision, we have to take that into consideration also.

It depends on how well Chandler performs in Bellator, and how Alvarez would beat Henderson (if he does indeed do that). If both guys only etch out controversial decisions, that debate will only be brought up by a few people.

If Chandler was to remain the King of the Bellator LW's, and Alvarez was to capture UFC gold, it wouldn't exactly be hard to see Zuffa throw money at Alvarez, and perhaps buyout Bellator if it falters.

Back