If Aldo realizes he can't strike against McGregor...

Would be good if he actually had anything to show for it in the ones he did enter, but he doesnt so.

Chris Weidman did the same with 6 months worth of BJJ training, or no he actually got all the way to the ADCC finals before losing to Galvao on points. THAT's a phenom. B.J Penn making blackbelt in three years time? THAT's a phenom.

Yeah, dude couldn't even pass guard on Rick Story, but i'm sure he's every bit of the ''Mandrake'' you claim he is. Meanwhile Aldo have DESTROYED the guards of every highlevel grappler he's ever faced. Crucifix mounted,mounted or swept.

In the same comp that Weidman lost 4-0 to Galvao he got flying armbarred by Vinnie, the same guy who narrowly beat Gunni, who is 40lbs lighter.

You're the only person who thinks that Gunni isn't a beast on the mat including everybody to ever train with him or grapple him.

Add that in to the fact you're mentioning the guys Aldo has passed and stuff as being high level off their back in mma at any point, let alone after taking a beating....

Either you're a troll or have no idea what you're talking about.

Also go train if you don't already. :wink:

Not enough information to make an informed decision.. Conor has not fought from the same gene pool that Aldo fights in..

When hes consistently beating title challengers,, then we have something to talk about. Right now hes still just a flash in the pan..

I'll be shocked if aldo can't stand with Connor.
Like Dillashaw/barao green bay/Seattle type of shocked.

6 months of bjj that's a phenom, i haven't said he isn't a beast iv'e said that he's not as good as some people try and make him out to be. And the takedowns/sweeps/passes/mounts Aldo hit on all those guys were all EARLY in the fights

And iv'e been working mats for years, so why don't you use yours to jerk off with.

6 months of bjj that's a phenom, i haven't said he isn't a beast iv'e said that he's not as good as some people try and make him out to be. And the takedowns/sweeps/passes/mounts Aldo hit on all those guys were all EARLY in the fights

And iv'e been working mats for years, so why don't you use yours to jerk off with.

:D

Now you're just being dishonest, he took down mounted lamas and crucifixed faber in the last round of fights where he beat the other dude half to death.

You have fun now buddy ps don't jerk off on the mats that's a nasty habit.

This whole thread reminds me of when Bones fought Shogun for the title.

I think we are seeing a very similar situation. An accomplished champion, awesome striker, awesome ground game - versus the new guy with dynamic striking, crazy length, but an unknown ground game.

I think this will end the same way. The new guy will destroy the champ and take over the division.

Probably more like Cormier/Jones.

people keep talking about Aldo's low kicks without realizing they wont be nearly as effective against a southpaw. He will have to throw inside low kicks, which are MUCH easier to check. People think that Siver was "chopping down" Conor, but he wasn't. The time Conor fell he threw a body kick at the same time Siver threw a low kick, and caught him off balance. Every time Aldo throws the low kick, he has to fear the straight left of death coming at his chin. Aldo is getting chin checked in this fight. Aldo has went 5 rounds with nearly every guy he has faced in recent years, so people saying that Aldo is gonna finish him quick are fucking idiotic. We know that a lot of guys can take 5 rounds of Aldo's strikes... but can Aldo take 5 rounds of Conor's? Most guys have only been able to eat less than 10 clean punches before going down. He is getting brained in this fight, bank on it.

Gunnar fucking beat Jeff Monson in a grappling match. Just stop embarrassing yourself, dude.

You don't know what you're watching if you don't think Conor's boxing isn't better than Jose. I'm sorry. Aldo's footwork isn't great either.

McGregor doesn't even throw hooks. He uses his feints of his kicks to mask his jab and straight. That is all he has been using is his jab,straight and uppercut.

aldo%2Bkd.gif

This gif alone shows how much better Aldos boxing is.

I just think the HUGE step up in competition is gonna be too much for McGregor. I really think this could end up being a very one sided fight, with Aldo dominating McGregor.

Agreed. Conor has the potential to be a great but it's way to early, he hasn't faced anyone even close to Aldo's skill.

Back