If Aldo realizes he can't strike against McGregor...

Can't wait till Aldo obliterates Conor so that Conor will hopefully have to fight either Frankie or Mendes afterwards. That will end this pointless Conor hype forever.
He is so delusional about himself that's beyond me.

I think you'll find Aldo has no issues striking with anyone.

I honestly think Aldo could take Conor down in the first and finish him on the ground. Aldo is an absolute monster on the ground

Conor bless

Honestly I think this is pretty likely that Conor will outstrike Aldo. Now back in the days when Aldo was wrecking guys in the standup maybe not, but Aldo has slowed down a lot in recent years in the striking department. He's not old in years but he's been fighting at a high level for a long time and you accumulate small injuries like that.

Honestly I think this is pretty likely that Conor will outstrike Aldo. Now back in the days when Aldo was wrecking guys in the standup maybe not, but Aldo has slowed down a lot in recent years in the striking department. He's not old in years but he's been fighting at a high level for a long time and you accumulate small injuries like that.

I would say to this that you're somewhat correct the last few fights Aldo has fought uninspired. Then along comes Conor you hear him before you see him getting that full press pump and red carpet ride to the belt.

PERFECT! The once tired looking champ is alive & inspired again thanks to the Conor Bless. Don't you worry Jose Aldo is got something for Mr. McGregor.

Sounds to me like Aldo fans are confusing Conor with Brad Pickett.

Huge mistake

He crucifix mounted Faber for christ sake and had him completly helpless and stuck, look at who Aldo have been facing and it's really not the hard to see why he hasn't been primarily going for subs when he's had people on the ground, it's not easy at all to lock up subs in MMA and you also risk losing position by going for them ESPECIALLY if you are in top position.

In fact if you are in top position in MMA there really isn't any point what so ever to start fishing for subs when the success rate of you controlling your opponent with strikes is much greater then a sub alternative. The one exception would be if you manage to get someones back and have them flattened out in that case a finish by strikes and a RNC would have about the same finishing percentage.

Conor is a 'brownbelt' under John Kavanagh (which means fk all in reality) in competition he wouldn't even make it out of a bluebelt bracket. The best grappler at that garage gym he trains out of is Gunnar Nelson, and Gunnar Nelson's accolades as a blackbelt in competition reads like a big fat ZERO, infact he's failed to even place or get out of the initial stages since becoming a blackbelt (this due to competition level between brown and BLACK being ENORMOUS it's basicly the difference between you facing Jonny Brownbelt and the likes of Kieran,Cobrinha,Terra,Mendes,Garcia and so on)

Aldo is a multiple brazilian national champ/mundials & pro's winner. He also has submission victories (yes plural) over Rubens Charles.

Gunnar Nelson is an absolute monster grappler. He has hardly competed at black belt and has beaten Monson and only lost narrowly as in 2 or 3 points to guys who train BJJ full time and are multiple world champions.

Grappling wise Gunnar is a total stud and if you think anything other than him being a total phenom you're mistaken in a big way.

He also won the pan am no gi at black belt weight and absolute

Doesn't mean that Aldo couldn't sub McGregor at all. But disparaging Gunnar's ground skill is at best disingenuous

Lol, what a funny premise. That's like saying "If Barry Bonds realizes he can't hit against X"

tumblr_lz9utuCzgV1qax7vro1_250.gif

Ughhh

Gunnar Nelson is an absolute monster grappler. He has hardly competed at black belt and has beaten Monson and only lost narrowly as in 2 or 3 points to guys who train BJJ full time and are multiple world champions.

Grappling wise Gunnar is a total stud and if you think anything other than him being a total phenom you're mistaken in a big way.

He also won the pan am no gi at black belt weight and absolute

Doesn't mean that Aldo couldn't sub McGregor at all. But disparaging Gunnar's ground skill is at best disingenuous

What's relevant is that he has no accolades what so ever at blackbelt level, other then him failing to even make it out of the initial stages of the comps he has entered. The competition level between brown and black aren't even comparable.

So no he's no ''phenom'' nor is he an ''absolute stud'' ALL his medals and accolades are from lower belt levels.

Pan Am's was as a brown belt. As was mundials.

Also what the fuck is ''black belt weight'' ? back to school with you little manboy.

I don't think he would take Conor down. Both guys I believe are to proud and confident in their stand up. They would rather take a beating than to admit the other guy is better at striking.

What's relevant is that he has no accolades what so ever at blackbelt level, other then him failing to even make it out of the initial stages of the comps he has entered. The competition level between brown and black aren't even comparable.

So no he's no ''phenom'' nor is he an ''absolute stud'' ALL his medals and accolades are from lower belt levels.

Pan Am's was as a brown belt. As was mundials.

Also what the fuck is ''black belt weight'' ? back to school with you little manboy.

Black Belt, weight (his own weight class) and absolute. Either you're not a BJJ guy or you are not thinking too clearly. haha.

Aldo's main achievements including beating Cobrinha are at lower belts as well. Doesn't make him any less good...

If a guy doesn't enter very many tournements at black belt how's he supposed to win them?

Losing by 2 points to Xande, Andre Galvao or Vinnie at ADCC and beating Monson and Avellan make him a total stud.

Ability and achievements are not the same thing... I am sure if Aldo had kept up with pure BJJ his achievements at black belt would be more impressive as well.

Question for McGregor fans.... once the left straight and the wheel kicks are neutralized.... what does McGregor have? He has the left hook counter. That's it.

Doesn't mean he can't win, but his attack options are severely limited compared to Aldo. The one thing McGregor will have to his advantage... Aldo will take one to give two. So if you make that one count, you can win.

aldo is a beast on the feet. how come ppl think conor will outstrike him is beyond me.

The Mendes fight made many people realize that Aldo is not as dominant striking as some believe he is.

This whole thread reminds me of when Bones fought Shogun for the title.

I think we are seeing a very similar situation. An accomplished champion, awesome striker, awesome ground game - versus the new guy with dynamic striking, crazy length, but an unknown ground game.

I think this will end the same way. The new guy will destroy the champ and take over the division.

If a guy doesn't enter very many tournements at black belt how's he supposed to win them?

Would be good if he actually had anything to show for it in the ones he did enter, but he doesnt so.

Losing by 2 points to Xande, Andre Galvao or Vinnie at ADCC and beating Monson and Avellan make him a total stud.

Chris Weidman did the same with 6 months worth of BJJ training, or no he actually got all the way to the ADCC finals before losing to Galvao on points. THAT's a phenom. B.J Penn making blackbelt in three years time? THAT's a phenom.

Ability and achievements are not the same thing... I am sure if Aldo had kept up with pure BJJ his achievements at black belt would be more impressive as well.

Yeah, dude couldn't even pass guard on Rick Story, but i'm sure he's every bit of the ''Mandrake'' you claim he is. Meanwhile Aldo have DESTROYED the guards of every highlevel grappler he's ever faced. Crucifix mounted,mounted or swept.

If Aldo somehow starts losing in stand up I see him timing Conor kicks, using his speed, getting hold on Conor and taking him down.

He showed good wrestling against KZ with a freaking broken foot.

I would actually like to see Aldo go to the ground just to see his offensive ground game.

Aldo has some good ground and pound. If he gets it to the ground he'll probably be working to hold dominant position and drop bombs

Aldo took Lamas down. The man's takedowns are underrated.

Back