If Aldo manages to beat Mcgregor, what does it do for his legacy

Nothing - Mcgregor is just another contender, with good striking and non-existent ground game.

Beating Frankie Edgar > Beating Mcgregor. So it won't do much for his legacy. Now if Conor beats Aldo? It does A LOT for his legacy

judging by sherdog logic:

if Aldo wins: Conor was a can all along
if Conor wins: Aldo was a can crushing can all along

any time any champion wins a fight, I see hundreds of posts like this questioning the credibility of the opposition and skill level.

Solidify himself as the GOAT of his era battling it out with Jones. Let's not be naive, beating Conor will bring his rep to unprecedented levels..

Wouldn't do much of anything for his legacy but if it's a ko win it WILL be fucking hilarious [and deeply satisfying]

So if he looses, then I assume if would ruin his legacy.

And.....he is gonna loose

Hope aldo wins this fight, retires and trolls the UFC and conor lol. He's rich enough to retire.

Connor beat Mendes. Mendes is Aldos best (two) wins.

Like it or not, if Aldo beats Connor, itll be his biggest win. Whens the last time he was a betting dog?

This fight is HUGE for the winner, either way.

:icon_conf Frankie Edgar is obviously his biggest win you know the former ufc lw champion
frankiebelt1.jpg

An Aldo win changes nothing. A McGregor win changes everything.

It's Aldo's fight to lose (which he won't) but would be lots of fun if he did

judging by sherdog logic:

if Aldo wins: Conor was a can all along
if Conor wins: Aldo was a can crushing can all along

any time any champion wins a fight, I see hundreds of posts like this questioning the credibility of the opposition and skill level.

No one is calling Conor a can, their saying that he is not Aldo's most significant opponent.
In saying that it implies that Aldo is not fighting cans.

No one will really care about Aldo regardless, his legacy is pretty boring and he won't really be remembered when it comes down to it

Literally every post I see from you gets shittier than the other.

I rank him #3 on the all time list. It could very well push him to that #2 spot.

Aldo is definitely one of the best fighters to come around. Sadly, his complete lack of charisma hurts his legacy.

His fan base is very tiny, he can't sell PPVs and he's unknown to the general public.

He lacks the aura of a Fedor, the insane brililance of an Anderson Silva or the heelish charm of a Jon Jones.

People should care more than they do, but Aldo gives them no additional incentive to do so beyond his brilliance in the cage.

Don't know why people say it won't do much

Aldo is on the brink of being mentioned as GOAT with guys like Fedor, GSP and Anderson

A decisive win over Conor would put him in the same class as those guys to me

Aldo is definitely one of the best fighters to come around. Sadly, his complete lack of charisma hurts his legacy.

His fan base is very tiny, he can't sell PPVs and he's unknown to the general public.

He lacks the aura of a Fedor, the insane brililance of an Anderson Silva or the heelish charm of a Jon Jones.

People should care more than they do, but Aldo gives them no additional incentive to do so beyond his brilliance in the cage.

That's on the fans not on Aldo.

I find him both charismatic and stoic, he is a silent killer.
The sort of fighter I enjoy.

Rather his lack of weight. Lower weight classes aren't that popular with the casuals. You can say that Conor brought more attention to the weightclass, altough it's kinda sad it has to go with bs talking instead of skills.

Connor beat Mendes. Mendes is Aldos best (two) wins.
Personally, I think Edgar was Aldo's best win. McGregor's best win was Mendes, and it lent validation to his title shot.

McGregor would be another solid W, but a victory by either man easily means more for McGregor, than it does Aldo. Aldo is at a point in his career where there are diminishing returns on his success. He's long proven himself elite at all levels, and has gradually pulled away from the division. Conversely, as recently as the McGregor-Mendes fight, there were a number of question marks hanging over the head of McGregor.

Win or lose, Aldo's legacy is secure. McGregor's best win is a guy Aldo has already defeated (twice), and McGregor has no other exceptional victories under his belt, to really add to Aldo's stock. Assuming his hand is raised, the biggest change for Aldo will come in the number of 0's in his bank account. That, he can thank McGregor for.

Don't know why people say it won't do much

Aldo is on the brink of being mentioned as GOAT with guys like Fedor, GSP and Anderson

A decisive win over Conor would put him in the same class as those guys to me
Well he already is mentioned with the guys like Fedor and GSP and Anderson. He is the p4p fighter of the world at this moment.

What most of us are tryin' to say is that Conor ain't that special. He will nog be his greatest win, or will it tarnish his legacy. That is what the UFC hype is wanting you to believe.

Personally, I think Edgar was Aldo's best win. McGregor's best win was Mendes, and it lent validation to his title shot.

McGregor would be another solid W, but a victory by either man easily means more for McGregor, than it does Aldo. Aldo is at a point in his career where there are diminishing returns on his success. He's long proven himself elite at all levels, and has gradually pulled away from the division. Conversely, as recently as the McGregor-Mendes fight, there were a number of question marks hanging over the head of McGregor.

Win or lose, Aldo's legacy is secure. McGregor's best win is a guy Aldo has already defeated (twice), and McGregor has no other exceptional victories under his belt, to really add to Aldo's stock. Assuming his hand is raised, the biggest change for Aldo will come in the number of 0's in his bank account. That, he can thank McGregor for.
I think that Poirier was Conor's best win. Mendes was not himself + Conor got exposed by Mendes.

It will cement him as the FW GOAT as he would have cleared out the division completely.

Its his last task as a FW.

Back