If Aldo manages to beat Mcgregor, what does it do for his legacy

No one will really care about Aldo regardless, his legacy is pretty boring and he won't really be remembered when it comes down to it

Clearly, you've never watched an Aldo fight.

Not a lot, Aldo has already beaten the best in his weight class for years, Conor is no different.

I think every win goes a way to helping a legacy.

If mc Gregor stay on top after it will be huge ,if not nothing

Nothing, just gets him more money and fans.

If he wins he is the greatest FW ever, if he loses he is still the greatest FW ever.

For his legacy, every fight is important, can't afford to lose any of them when you are in the GOAT discussions. In terms of the McGregor fight specifically, as someone else pointed out, its his Chael Sonnen fight. A fight that he should win, brings in the most eyes, but is a bit of a style matchup problem. If he wins it'll win him over some extra casual fans probably (although it never seemed to work that way for Jones when he beat former legends) but won't do much for his legacy.

Yea best fw fighter of all time. Wec fw champ, Ufc fw champ, top 3 p4p fighter for 5 years. Some of the best finishes in mma history and best fights as well.

Yea no legacy at all. Maybe you're talking about Lyoto "should have 0 title defenses" Machida. Should Aldo work harder to get brutally finished multiple times like Machida?

Don't diss the dragon based on one ass kisser.

Personally, I already have him right up there with fyodor and georges as the greatest of all time, and current p4p #1. I'd say this just further cements his legacy.

GSP has the controversial "win" over Hendricks, Silva has the 2 losses to Weidman, Jones has the controversial Gustaffson fight. Really, if Aldo can find a way to beat Mcgregor decisively...I think he surpasses Fedor, Silva, Jones, and GSP in the P4P best fighters of all time conversation. This Conor Mcgregor fight is the only thing he has left to prove...it's kind of crazy to think he's only 28 years old, i wouldve guessed he was around 34. If Mcgregor wins this fight, he derails possibly the best MMA career of all time.

Thoughts on how this fight could change either mans career outlook?

nothing.
People will dismiss Conor as an unworthy, over-hyped opponent.

The couple of people who said McGregor will be Aldo's Sonnen got it right. No one really looks back at Anderson's career and thinks Sonnen was his top win.

GSP has the controversial "win" over Hendricks, Silva has the 2 losses to Weidman, Jones has the controversial Gustaffson fight. Really, if Aldo can find a way to beat Mcgregor decisively...I think he surpasses Fedor, Silva, Jones, and GSP in the P4P best fighters of all time conversation. This Conor Mcgregor fight is the only thing he has left to prove...it's kind of crazy to think he's only 28 years old, i wouldve guessed he was around 34. If Mcgregor wins this fight, he derails possibly the best MMA career of all time.

Thoughts on how this fight could change either mans career outlook?

Nice new account by a Gus fan. There was NOTHING controversial about Jones' win over Gus. It was a close fight. Jones took more damage. However, by the conventional MMA scoring system currently in place, Jones won the fight. Objective fans, and MOST of the MMA media scored it for Jones. Only Jones haters, Gus apologists and a few MMA media on such outlets at BJPenn.com had it for Gus. So yeah, nice try son. NOTHING controversial about that win.

Caring too much about his legacy is part of the reason Aldo is going to lose on Dec 12th. He brought up how important his 'legacy' is to him when he backed out of the fight on July 11th. He feels he needs to be 100% to beat Conor. But we know Conor wasn't close to 100% leading up to that fight. Lots of rumours about Aldo packing it in after his next fight and pursuing other things. Before he backed out of the July 11th card he said he had a 'big announcement' to make after the fight. His coach is retiring. There is a new PED testing program to deal with that keeps samples on file for future testing and could ruin fighters legacies long after they retire. From his comments lately its clear Aldo is not happy at all with the UFC. As Conor said, Aldo is on his way out, with one leg already out the door, and thats not where you want to be mentally going into a fight. Not to mention the pressure he is going to be under. During the world tour embedded he was getting calls from pro soccer players telling him to punish Conor for all the trash talking he was doing. He has been threatening lawsuits against people because he is so sensitive about his image and what recent headlines have done to it. Now that he already backed out of the fight once...he knows what the optics will be if he backs out again...he's going to feel the need to be careful with his training...but he's also going to feel all the pressure in the world to protect his legacy and win a fight that may be his last fight and his coaches last fight in the UFC. And Conor will be sure to ramp up the pressure to the max with every disrespectful thing he says leading up to Dec 12th.

Those saying this does nothing for Aldo's legacy are delusional.
Conor is the most significant thing to happen to Aldo in his whole career. Now depending on what happens in this fight, that could change, but as of right now, this is the apex of Aldo's career unless someone can prove otherwise.

People saying it won't add to his legacy... smh.

Aldo may not be the most prestigious champ, but people would look back at him as amongst the best.

Among more hardcore MMA fans I don't think it'll change his legacy much but among casuals I think a dominant win over Conor would be fucking huge. Admittedly I want to see Conor get smacked around so I'm biased but I also think Conor has a good chance of winning.

Those saying this does nothing for Aldo's legacy are delusional.
Conor is the most significant thing to happen to Aldo in his whole career. Now depending on what happens in this fight, that could change, but as of right now, this is the apex of Aldo's career unless someone can prove otherwise.

nope, he is just another contender

Nice new account by a Gus fan. There was NOTHING controversial about Jones' win over Gus. It was a close fight. Jones took more damage. However, by the conventional MMA scoring system currently in place, Jones won the fight. Objective fans, and MOST of the MMA media scored it for Jones. Only Jones haters, Gus apologists and a few MMA media on such outlets at BJPenn.com had it for Gus. So yeah, nice try son. NOTHING controversial about that win.

That was a controversial fight because AFTER people were all over the internet crying over who won. Reread the definition of controversy

I disagree with the people saying "not much". If Aldo wins in magnificent fashion against a heavy handed stand up guru under a tantamount of mental pressure it will definitely do a lot for him. The world will be watching this fight, there is no denying it can really help or hurt his legacy depending on what happens.

Back