If Aldo manages to beat Mcgregor, what does it do for his legacy

It won't do anything
Just another day in the office for Aldo

If Aldo wants to improve his legacy however he should learn some english

What? Oh ya bud. Just like he should learn french and mandarin .. Oh and lets throw some sign language in there too.

I completely disagree with a lot of you guys.
I think this fight will define Aldo's legacy. Conor is attracting tons of new fans who haven't been around since Aldo's WEC days. I think we are in the minority.
IMO Aldo is as credible for GOAT as anyone no matter what, but this is a big fight.

When Aldo wins it will do nothing for his legacy, if for no other reason than the champion who has lost one fight in his entire life about 10 years ago doesn't need to beat a guy who isn't legitimately ranked in the top 3, to cement said legacy.

It will be expected by anyone with half a brain. For Conor to win would be a huge upset in every sense of the word. An out of shape Mendes was beating the brakes off of McFail. I can't see how anyone watched that and would bet on Conor.

Pretty much makes him amazing. His stock will shoot up in popularity and every fight from that point on will make him much more money than he did before.

BUT...Jose has been on top forever and he on his way out anyways PLUS MCGregor is a BEAST. Not gonna happen.

Not much... McGreggor is not that good.

Yea best fw fighter of all time. Wec fw champ, Ufc fw champ, top 3 p4p fighter for 5 years. Some of the best finishes in mma history and best fights as well.

Yea no legacy at all. Maybe you're talking about Lyoto "should have 0 title defenses" Machida. Should Aldo work harder to get brutally finished multiple times like Machida?

Aldo will always be tainted for his safe approach while in UFC, also tainted by the shadiness of Aldogate and pulling out of 5/7 title fights and complaining about his pay. But yes, he will be brutally finished by Conor. His time will come

Aldo wins: just another win
Conor wins: wow look at me, Floyd, I will kill you with 1/2 a punch.

For Aldo, a loss shouldnt affect his legacy but it would. 'What have you done for me lately' is the prevailing sentiment amongst mma fans it seems.

For Conor, a loss wouldnt hurt as much as people think. He would still be highly marketable against any of the other top10 fighters he has insulted. Bad blood sells. A loss to the champ isn't always damning, if Conor is able to jump back on his mauling spree of the FW's then he will be back in the title picture in no time.

If Conor wins, would be one of the greatest stories in UFC history. Conor reaches Superstar status.

If Jose wins, would be the rose on top of the icing on top of the cake.

People will just shit on Conor if Aldo wins and say he was never that good anyway.

Cements it. Clearly. 10 years undefeated. #1 GOAT. More successful than Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones. And no one can argue with that because he cleared out the division.

Cement-Bag.jpg

He is the GOAT if he wins. He will have won against bigger guys, a former LW champ and everyone else the UFC puts up against him. All while being undefeated for 9,5 years and being the only FW champ.

I am trying to be unbiased here, but if he beats Conor it shows that he can deal with any ability anyone has. No one else except GSP can say that

I am not a fan of GSP and quite honestly I wanted him to get KO'd in all of his fights after he beat Hughes the 3rd time. That being said, I don't see how his fight with Hendricks damages his legacy (especially when considering what happened to the other fighters you listed at the ends of their careers; particularly Anderson).

Georges had noticeably declined a bit near the end (missing takedowns agaisnt Diaz, getting dropped by Condit, struggling with Shields in the standup, etc) and yet he was still able to edge out a win over a prime Hendricks.

Whether or not you thought Georges won, his performance is more impressive considering he was at the end of his career and had nothing to prove and Hendricks himself came out and shit the bed (which he has basically done ever since) when he had all the momentum in the world and really should have easily won. Now that we've really seen what Hendricks is capable of (outside of his amazing but misleading KOs over Kampmann and Fitch), I don't see how anyone can think that a prime GSP would do anything but completely embarass Hendricks in a 5 round fight. Long story short, GSP's legacy is very much intact.

Now, on topic, Aldo's win over Conor would just continue to establish his reign as the GOAT FW which he has already proven to be long ago. No one is even close in this debate (including Conor) and Aldo winning would just make him even further away from the rest. That being said, I don't think it really affects his all time P4P ranking yet as he has nearly peaked imo. He would have to go to 155 and knock off a couple of contenders to move up a spot for me because he is already like #4/#5 all time which is pretty ridiculously high as it is. It's not his fault the level of comp at FW wasn't as high but I just can't see him being higher than Fedor, Jones, and GSP. Anderson? Maybe.

Aldo will always be tainted for his safe approach while in UFC, also tainted by the shadiness of Aldogate and pulling out of 5/7 title fights and complaining about his pay. But yes, he will be brutally finished by Conor. His time will come

I find this funny coming from some one with Machida in his name.

If he beats Conor on the feet, it should be a feather in his hat. If he were to take down Conor and submit him, everyone would point to Conor's lack of ground game.

I am not a fan of GSP and quite honestly I wanted him to get KO'd in all of his fights after he beat Hughes the 3rd time. That being said, I don't see how his fight with Hendricks damages his legacy (especially when considering what happened to the other fighters you listed at the ends of their careers; particularly Anderson).

Georges had noticeably declined a bit near the end (missing takedowns agaisnt Diaz, getting dropped by Condit, struggling with Shields in the standup, etc) and yet he was still able to edge out a win over a prime Hendricks.

Whether or not you thought Georges won, his performance is more impressive considering he was at the end of his career and had nothing to prove and Hendricks himself came out and shit the bed (which he has basically done ever since) when he had all the momentum in the world and really should have easily won. Now that we've really seen what Hendricks is capable of (outside of his amazing but misleading KOs over Kampmann and Fitch), I don't see how anyone can think that a prime GSP would do anything but completely embarass Hendricks in a 5 round fight. Long story short, GSP's legacy is very much intact.

Now, on topic, Aldo's win over Conor would just continue to establish his reign as the GOAT FW which he has already proven to be long ago. No one is even close in this debate (including Conor) and Aldo winning would just make him even further away from the rest. That being said, I don't think it really affects his all time P4P ranking yet as he has nearly peaked imo. He would have to go to 155 and knock off a couple of contenders to move up a spot for me because he is already like #4/#5 all time which is pretty ridiculously high as it is. It's not his fault the level of comp at FW wasn't as high but I just can't see him being higher than Fedor, Jones, and GSP. Anderson? Maybe.

Beautiful just Beautiful .

nothing really. mcgregor is middle of the road, people just love buying into the belief that someone will derail a champion

Connor beat Mendes. Mendes is Aldos best (two) wins.

Like it or not, if Aldo beats Connor, itll be his biggest win. Whens the last time he was a betting dog?

This fight is HUGE for the winner, either way.

Back