If Aldo manages to beat Mcgregor, what does it do for his legacy

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
GSP has the controversial "win" over Hendricks, Silva has the 2 losses to Weidman, Jones has the controversial Gustaffson fight. Really, if Aldo can find a way to beat Mcgregor decisively...I think he surpasses Fedor, Silva, Jones, and GSP in the P4P best fighters of all time conversation. This Conor Mcgregor fight is the only thing he has left to prove...it's kind of crazy to think he's only 28 years old, i wouldve guessed he was around 34. If Mcgregor wins this fight, he derails possibly the best MMA career of all time.

Thoughts on how this fight could change either mans career outlook?

Everyone is getting honey-dicked by Conor..

It would make him a shit ton of money and elevate his fame significantly. Fighting legacy-wise it won't do much. He is already FW GOAT. Can't get any GOATer than GOAT, UNLESS if major A-list soccer players converted to MMA and he wins against them, but that will never happen.

Wouldn't do much of anything for his legacy but if it's a ko win it WILL be fucking hilarious [and deeply satisfying]

It'll be his chael sonnen

He has one of the best resumes in the sport. His legacy is fine. Beating McGregor shouldn't surprise anyone.

Not much.
And I like both fighters without being a huge fan of either.

No one will really care about Aldo regardless, his legacy is pretty boring and he won't really be remembered when it comes down to it

I don't think there's anything that could derail Aldo's career. Even if he loses, he'll still be the GOAT 145-er.

nothing really. mcgregor is middle of the road, people just love buying into the belief that someone will derail a champion

It won't do anything
Just another day in the office for Aldo

If Aldo wants to improve his legacy however he should learn some english

It means he is the goat of all goats.

No one will really care about Aldo regardless, his legacy is pretty boring and he won't really be remembered when it comes down to it

Yea best fw fighter of all time. Wec fw champ, Ufc fw champ, top 3 p4p fighter for 5 years. Some of the best finishes in mma history and best fights as well.

Yea no legacy at all. Maybe you're talking about Lyoto "should have 0 title defenses" Machida. Should Aldo work harder to get brutally finished multiple times like Machida?

Lmao at boring ....he is one of the most entertaining fighters on the roster

It just means he once again beat someone who was supposed to be his "biggest challenge to date"

Cements it. Clearly. 10 years undefeated. #1 GOAT. More successful than Fedor, GSP, Anderson, Jones. And no one can argue with that because he cleared out the division.

LMAO at everyone that says it will do nothing for his legacy. If he beats Conor. it will most likely go down as his biggest win ever, and definitely to date.. Whether or not that's accurate as far as his best win skill wise, Conor brings the attention and the cash.

Back