If Aldo kicks, clinches, and wrestles, he beats McGregor...

lol I am also hoping we get to see Aldo fight differently when he faces Mcgregor, but for him to start wrestling? how fucking scared are these fans?

Aldo won't start to wrestle, if he wins it's because he returned to vintage Aldo throwing knees with reckless abandon and relying on his BJJ if the opponent times a takedown and stops his momentum.

It'll be the first primarily striking battle with no threat of the takedown since Korean Zombie got his shot.
Aldo takes a lot of opponents down.

Lamas, KZ, and Hominick come to mind.

Siver DID take McGregor down, anyone who watched the fight saw that, it doesn't matter if they "technically" don't count for whatever dumb reason, he was on his back and was forced to get back up.

With that said I don't know that it really matters because he DID pop right back up, easily.

Although Aldo does have good takedowns he is not a wrestler and his main strength is obviously his striking.

Aldo is a totally different beast than McGregor has faced so far. It's hard to say who really has an edge in striking until we watch them fight, in my opinion.

Aldo SHOULD have the grappling advantage though, he should have better takedowns and better BJJ, but again it's hard to say if this will matter. If Conor is able to stuff Aldo's takedowns, or if Aldo will even attempt to take Conor down, if there are no takedowns who wins the striking?

Many questions but they are hard to answer until we watch them fight. The fight could go a number of ways, it really is hard to pick.

McGregor is a beast and his striking is VERY good. Maybe premature to say Conor's striking is as good as Aldo's, but I mean he's proven it in 5 different fights now so again it's hard to say.

Honestly if I had to pick a winner for Aldo vs McGregor, I'd have to go with Aldo via decision, but I can see it going any number of ways really. Should be a good fight.

Agree with TS. Clinch work and knees is key

Conor did not feel the threat of siver's leg kick so we can't say this is his weakness since he wont play the same game against Aldo. Aldo's leg kicks are more powerful and Conor better avoid/defend them well

He will fight elusively going in and out of range, machida style and draw aldo in

No boxing per se but more of MT against TMA all the way till someone gets the kO

Hate to say but I'm going with Conor

McGregor popped up too quickly for those to count? My mistake.

But I think the point still stands. Silver got in on McGregor's legs pretty easily. What Siver was able to start, Aldo can finish.

I don't know about that. I thought that promo the UFC cut was a little silly, but the part about Conor's balance being the best they've ever tested was cool, and I couldn't help thinking about it during the fight. Siver would get him close to down, but Conor never lost his balance and basically Matrixed out of a couple of those TDs. I don't know that Aldo will be able to put him down either.

What I do think Aldo will do is kick the living hell out of his front leg, and Conor without mobility will be a hell of a lot less effective. I think if the fight goes to the championship rounds Aldo will be teeing off on a much less mobile Notorious. I think Conor's best chance is to put him down early, which he has the power and accuracy to do, but Aldo's chin is legit. I see Aldo weathering an early storm to win the last three rounds if not put McG down.

lol I am also hoping we get to see Aldo fight differently when he faces Mcgregor, but for him to start wrestling? how fucking scared are these fans?

Aldo won't start to wrestle, if he wins it's because he returned to vintage Aldo throwing knees with reckless abandon and relying on his BJJ if the opponent times a takedown and stops his momentum.

It'll be the first primarily striking battle with no threat of the takedown since Korean Zombie got his shot.
He took KZ down on more than one occasion. Aldo has always fiercely defended takedowns aswell. I don't think you've watched that much Aldo (save highlight videos).

Aldo always let's the fight come to him recently, I can't picture him going after McGregor, he tries to counter strike and stuff

Back