If Aldo didn’t lose to Conor

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Do you think the outcome of the Holloway fights would have been different if Aldo hadn’t lost to Conor? Or do you think Holloway would still have beaten him in the manner in which he did?

Hard to say. Conor took something from Aldo. Aldo lost his mental edge big time. The aura was obliterated. Once the aura goes the fighter is never the same. I think prime Aldo with leg kicks would give Holloway hell. Problem is that Aldo abandoned these before Conor.

Holloway is a better fighter so he would win still

Aldo liked to play it safe to protect the belt, I think Max would've still been too much for him to handle

conman just got aldo so riled up he uncharacteristically runs in face first to a left.. good chances the fight could have gone aldos way if he didnt..

think age n miles have caught up to aldo.. the two holloway losses would still have happened ...

I think the real turning point was the war with Mendes.

Few are ever the same after sustaining that much damage in a fight.

I don't think think Max drops prime Aldo with one punch the way he did in their first fight.

that war with Mendes + the Conor fight + being in the fight game for so long.

But Aldos game, he can still show up on fight night. Its just more inconsistence now.

I think the real turning point was the war with Mendes.

Few are ever the same after sustaining that much damage in a fight.

I don't think think Max drops prime Aldo with one punch the way he did in their first fight.
It wasn't 1 punch mate it was 4 actually. It was two 1-2s in succession

Do you think the outcome of the Holloway fights would have been different if Aldo hadn’t lost to Conor? Or do you think Holloway would still have beaten him in the manner in which he did?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Mendes destroyed Aldo too

I felt so bad for Aldo after that loss. All the bullshit McGregor did teamed up with the fucking pink goof president of the company made the entire thing into a circus lol. I still doubt he's over it or ever will be. That would spiral me down into a dark place. I seriously might have preferred it if he got beaten down for a few rounds before the finish and he may have too.

Legkick Aldo would have probaply to much to handle for Max.
But he abandoned those before the Conor fight.
Other than that a lot of people use this argument (Aldo was done as a champ after Conor) only to deminish Holloways record or boost Conors (he ended him blablabla).
Thats all nonsense i think its more that competition caught up with him around that time, which is no shame.

True

Even still, Max is not a hard hitter at all and prime Aldo withstood much more powerful blows from Mendes and recovered immediately.

Nah, more like max is a volume guy.. he has power when he sits down but he's not trying to land power punches..

Hard to say to be honest.. conor showed that aldo could be beaten.. however i do believe max is the best 145er we've ever seen..

Prime Aldo (before he abandoned leg kicks) beats Conor and Max

Aldos style relied so much on his speed. You start slowing down in your late 20s and early 30s.

Slowing down a tiny bit at 145 is all it takes for younger guys like Max and Conor to be able to win. Aldo had a great run as champ but nobody wins forever

Holloway beats any version of Aldo. Aldo is one of if not the best fighter of all time based off resume but Max's distance controlling style alongside pace makes him an absolute nightmare fight for Aldo no matter the form.

I don't think the conor fight has been as rough for aldo as much as people say he re won the belt and smoked 2 top-ranked feathers in a row. not to mention murking frankie.

Since Aldo vs Conor. Conor is 2-2 and Aldo is 3-3. Doesn't seem like either is doing better than the other.

Back