If aldo deserves a rematch with conor for having a long reign then how come

Fedor probably didn't ask for one.

Aldo never got one either....wouldn't your point have been better if you used a fighter that actually got an immediate rematch like Anderson?

Fedor never got a rematch with Werdum?
Was Fedor defending his title? Did Fedor have a title? He was no longer PRIDE champion, his WAMMA title wasn't on the line. Fedor had a long unbeaten streak but was not a champion.

Aldo never got one either....wouldn't your point have been better if you used a fighter that actually got an immediate rematch like Anderson?
Exactly. This is old. Aldo has already fought again and won the interim belt, which then became just the belt. What is the point of this thread?

Was Fedor defending his title? Did Fedor have a title? He was no longer PRIDE champion, his WAMMA title wasn't on the line. Fedor had a long unbeaten streak but was not a champion.

No, Reem was Strikeforce's only HW Champion I'm pretty sure, unless you count DC who won HW tournament (it wasn't for a belt though).

He prob wasn't interested, he fought Big Foot and then Dan Henderson afterwards. I'm sure if he wanted a rematch, he would've gotten one without question.

If anyone deserved an immediate rematch, it was Aldo. However, as an Aldo fan i'm 100% glad he didn't immediately fight Conor again. he needed time to recover mentally and physically. He'd have a much better chance now than he would've had 3 months after 194. anyway. old news. i hope he gets his rematch, win or lose, at some point in the near future.

Sorry, but 1-fight win streaks aren't actually win streaks. Fedor lost to Werdum in only his second fight in Strikeforce. No title, no streak, no draw, no controversial decision.

Aldo was the first and only UFC FW champ who defended his title 7 times in a row. That's why an automatic rematch was valid. Not for Aldo's wins in WEC. It's not even apples to oranges; it's apples to deez nuts.

Fedor was set to fight the winner of Overeem/Werdum... but lost his opening tourney bout against Bigfoot.

Interestingly enough, his loss made the winner of that fight (Overeem) lose interest in the tournament altogether, and that opened the door for a relatively unknown Cormier to enter the tournament as a replacement, and the rest is history.

SF_GP_bracket_complete.jpg

Back