If Affliction: Banned is successful, how about adding it to the HWs?

afflicition has a chance but like is aid they need more then one show and prove that thwy will be around for a while.

Dream: great LW line up, Ok MW line up, and thats basically it, no good WWs, no good LHWs(hell I dont think they have any), They have Mirko for HW and not much else(and Mirko has said he plans to return to the UFC after his next 2 fights) and they have Kid for featherweight. You really need to have more then one solid weight class to be a HW

M-1: have all those people that were sucking th junk off this org finnaly admited they were just another failed org?

For DREAM:

LW; JZ , Aoki , Kawajiri , ishida , Uno , Hansen , Alvarez , Shaolin, Sakurai etc...
MW: Sakuraba , Mousasi , Jacar

I suppose I'm just a proponent of 'managing expectations' after watching Bodog and M-1 not quite live up to the high hopes of some.

Affliction is way ahead of where M-1 fell (as they have a super solid card about to be delivered). Affliction's card is vastly superior to any Bodog Fight card that went down, but Bodog did manage to do a few. Affliction hasn't had any events yet.

I'll get hyped for the fights, but it's too early for me to get hyped about the org.

I like Dream.
I've watched all the events so far.
They've provided mostly good fights and one event that was very good.
But I still don't know that the org will last/endure/succeed.

Why? There is no opposition in Japan , except Sengoku who has some huge draws but who is not on the same level.

Sometimes things fail even though they don't have competition.
The Atari was alone in the video game world once (pretty much).
It still failed.

If the Japanese aren't sufficiently into it, and the ratings don't get to where they need to be (or ppv numbers aren't high enough, and if ticket sales aren't enough, the org will fail).

Japan is a great mma market.
They need to be served.
But Dream is just a rebranded K-1 mma product.
The original wasn't doing well enough so you add some FEG guys and change the name.

To the Japanese it might just be gilding the product, not improving it.
Time will tell.

I doubt about it. Hero's was not great but was not failing.

And a average DREAM show catch more than 20 000 fans in attendance , when Hero's did 10 000.

I had no idea about the attendance numbers.
Were they comparable venues?
Also, I'll be curious to see if Dream maintains the 20,000 (or if it goes up or down).
After Dream.3 it should be higher for Dream.4 (or 5 due to the LWs).
But it could be some people just buying Dream tickets because it is novel (if this is the case the numbers will go back down).

I think we can agree that if Dream's numbers head down to Hero's numbers people won't be able to properly justify considering it a HW (as Hero's was no HW org IMO).

Uno is in the semi final of the tournament. I had to say his name. Sakurai looked horrible in his last fight but decent in his first DREAM fight. Maybe he had not the motivation to continue with Shooto and wanted to focuse with FEG.

Sakuraba would have maybe been the best of all time if he had fought in this MW all in his career. He is maybe not in his prime, but is still a top fighter.

For the others MW , Manhoef fought in DREAM and K1 , he said the next time he will be in better shape. If we look the situation of MMA world , there is no better house for him than DREAM. If they offer to him a fight , he will take it. He is a warrior.

Mousasi is young , only 22 or 23 years old , an has a huge potential. I hope he take the tournament , him or Jacar

Back