If a HW missed weight, would it be a catchweight fight or SHW fight?

Correct Answer: Why the fuck is there a 265 limit to begin with? Boxing doesn't have one, why should MMA.

To make sure fighters come to fight in shape. And there is a weight class above it.

Correct Answer: Why the fuck is there a 265 limit to begin with? Boxing doesn't have one, why should MMA.

I'd say probably because in boxing, u cant have a 400 pound dude lay on you.

I can't believe he used to fight at WW, and tried to cut like 50lbs.

According to the Anderson Silva haters, that's what he cuts to make 185 (say that he walks around at 235lbs.)

Not disagreeing with you, but has any boxer ever weight in at 265+? Professionally i mean.

He had to be over 265.

052114430811.jpg

Exactly.

And then you have these fuckin morons saying 'MMA needs a cruiserweight division, just like boxing!', without even fucking realizing that the cruiserweight limit in boxing is 200 pounds. Our light heavyweight is fucking cruiserweight.

Totally agree, and I've never seen a good argument for a cruiserweight division in current day mma.

Not disagreeing with you, but has any boxer ever weight in at 265+? Professionally i mean.

Nikolay Valuev held a belt for a while and he is heavier than 300 easy. He is 7' and looks like they founfd him trapped in a block if nice in Siberia.

To answer the OP, not only could it happen in the UFC, it already has happened. Gan McGee and Josh Barnett met at SHW as a result of missing weight at UFC 28.

Edit to clarify: Their fight was not scheduled for SHW, it was changed to SHW after the two didn't make the HW limit.

There are extremely few HWs that would be competitive about 265. Most would just be fat sacks swinging for the fences for 30 seconds.

That's why Dana seems to hate Roy Nelson. Guys that look like that do a disservice to the perception that Dana wants to create. There are few true athletes over 265. Big guys? Yes. Muscled up? Yes. Able to fight 3-5 solid rounds? Hell no...

Valuev weighed around 325 lbs (not fat) and was champ for a while.

Exactly.

And then you have these fuckin morons saying 'MMA needs a cruiserweight division, just like boxing!', without even fucking realizing that the cruiserweight limit in boxing is 200 pounds. Our light heavyweight is fucking cruiserweight.

3 F bombs in just 2 short sentences.

U mad bro??

Back