If 1mil check doesn’t bounce, will UFC fighter’s deflect to PFL?

Kyoji Horiguchi should try out for next year. Vitaly Minakov for Heavyweight.

That’s pretty insane if you think about it. Good on the PFL for doing that. I like that idea. Doing a similar tournament for even higher stakes would be a good look for the UFC.

Donald Cerrone is already packed.
Need guns. Will travel.

Plf is a gamble. They prob loaned money to pay

UFC is a massive brand. Will be around for another 30 years

My understanding is that they have a (somewhat) large group of investors.

I honestly don't know if the league is really sustainable. For those of us who watched it, the fights were generally exciting and fun to watch. The format was invented to stress finishes, and seemed to work to a degree (though with some exceptions for sure). The issue is, how many people were actually watching on NBC sports? Paying out all these million dollar purses plus all the other expenses (and I think the 2nd place guys got $250k each) is not cheap. I'd almost guarantee they lost a significant amount of $ this first season (but probably planned on that being the case, to be fair). I just don't know if they can grow interest enough to support these monetary commitments. We'll see.
Very few UFC fighters make a million a year, if some big names come over the viewers should follow.

shit thread, fuck you OP
PFL 2018 playoffs pay structure
  • Playoff champions: $1 million
  • Playoff runners-up: $200,000
  • Playoff semifinal losers: $100,000
  • Playoff quarterfinal losers: $50,000
No idea what the semifinal/quarterfinal winners get paid.
the answer is in your post though?
{<doc}

shit thread, fuck you OP
the answer is in your post though?
{<doc}

It was never made clear though, I figured it was 100k/200k.

With that said, the playoff losers are still making over a half-million dollars for the whole PFL season, still a lot more than they would make in a year with the UFC.

Also, by my calculations (rough estimate) the total payouts for the finals/semifinals/quarterfinals is around 13 million, not counting the 70+ fights in the regular season.

It was never made clear though, I figured it was 100k/200k.

With that said, the playoff losers are still making over a half-million dollars for the whole PFL season, still a lot more than they would make in a year with the UFC.

Also, by my calculations (rough estimate) the total payouts for the finals/semifinals/quarterfinals is around 13 million, not counting the 70+ fights in the regular season.
no, they aren't.. playoff losers are making 200k for all their 3 fights in the play offs, and they for sure aren't making 300k during regular season

Watch their pay structure change for the next event.

That is not sustainable at all.
Affliction had much more going for it and still blew it.

Never heard of them. But I imagine that as soon as the money mark backing them gets sick of losing tons of money they will fold.

If your a fringe top 10~ guy might be a good gamble to not re up w/ UFC go PFL try to make some money and then jump back into UFC.

Prize Fighters move with the money. no shame there

This should be the true strucutre for prize fighters.
The winner of the tournament gets all tr glory and cash

In other news, pfl should go bankrupt pretty fast

i think you mean defect not deflect

and no only the dagestanis will go to PFL. it is obviously a way for putin and kadyrov to launder money in the USA and show how dominant they are

I've always been very consistent that these guys weren't getting $1million for winning the tournament. We'll see if the checks actually clear, and if so, then I'm a lying sack of shit.

Businesses can lose money while establishing their brand, but the guys who fought last night were pretty much no-namers or UFC TUF-tier fighters. No way in hell did those guys bring in enough viewers to make any of this worth while. Guess we'll see what happens but this isn't even remotely sustainable and it's a horrible way to build a brand.

Only if they're short sighted and don't want an established career
Dumbest thing I have ever heard.. you can work in UFC for years and still not have a secure future financially. If there are big payouts to be had elsewhere fighters should go for it. Only the top 1-2 fighter each division should stay in UFC. All others are paid peanuts

Never heard of them. But I imagine that as soon as the money mark backing them gets sick of losing tons of money they will fold.
Remember World Series of Fighting (WSOF) ? they rebranded as Professional Fighters League (PFL)

I always hated Vinny.

Wannabe pop Idol doucebag that would sell his own mother to get his picture taken.

The type of guy that would steal your shit and then pretend to help you look for it.

Back