Ido Portal on Fighting and Movement

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

• portal.idoA fight is a form of body to body communication.
    A corporal conversation of sort.

Attack and defensive maneuvers are actually only a part of a bigger picture and will lose their effect if not organized properly.
    The best punchers/kickers in the world are not necessarily the best fighters out there, since there is MORE going on in 'between the lines' - those more elusive, harder to conceptualize aspects that should also be approached, practiced and refined if one is to be optimally prepared for a fight.

Some exemplary aspects of the 'Language of the fight': *Techniques - a knowledge base, vocabulary or lexicon that allows one to answer and ask appropriate questions, comprehend, digest and react. It is based in collective knowledge - refinement through experience of generations *Principles - master keys opening many doors vs techniques which are a narrower scope answers to questions. A principle can manufacture techniques. Techniques can work/fail if following/not certain principles. An example of a principle can be 'Framing' - something that keeps reappearing in many ground and clinching techniques. Titling it, conceptualizing it and refining it will help a fighter make sense of totally new scenarios in a better way. *Movement Quality - pronunciation and articulation of the techniques and other movements - generally an area that traditional martial arts are more focused on but usually with a decreased focus on Aliveness, (A term created by Matt Thornton) reality-based practice, dealing with chaos and non-cooperative training. *Spatial, Timing and Composition Motion Skills - grammar and musicality, placement, displacement and the rhythm of the words / movement / techniques. An area more commonly present in the greats of boxing but even in MMA demonstrated by few unique fighters like Anderson Silva, Dominick Cruz and Conor Mcgregor.

A fight is both a very specific scenario with great need of specialization and at the same time an unknown, present-unfolding general movement riddle with infinite parameters.
    I am of the belief general movement tools can benefit a fighter in the RIGHT dosages tremendously. #ufc202#conormcgregor #idoportal #movementculture

ido is one of the main reasons conor was able to dispatch of aldo so easily

Never thought Id read diatribe on fighting that my PHD in Theatre Wife would fucking adore -and thats just sad and makes me feel gay

Reread with her voice to get what I mean

Last edited:
snake-oil.jpg

Cocaine is a powerful drug.
-Florian

It's amazing how one can build a brand by touching butts in the park.

I'm surprised he didn't fit quantum mechanics in there somewhere...

Ido said Conor is still a white belt in human movement. Imagine how dangerous he will become once he gets the yellow belt.

He's going to be unlocking chakra gates like my ninja Rock Lee soon.

sounded like someone asked Stephen Hawking to narrate a bar brawl

the whole way through i was thinking does this guy actually know anything about fighting? i thought he was just a touchbutt coach

Hail Ido. I love it. They see the guy contort in ways they could never imagine and their just like..."well...FUCK that guy!!!!" Gotten to by flexibility

Snake oil salesman.

McGregor isn't a sucker...

Edit: just noticed MMAAAM's post. /cheers

Its a fist fight on a saturday night - Florian

Fucking cult leaders man...

Hope Conor is doing this for publicity and not because he believes this shit.

Never go full Tom Cruise.

• portal.idoA fight is a form of body to body communication.
    A corporal conversation of sort.

Attack and defensive maneuvers are actually only a part of a bigger picture and will lose their effect if not organized properly.
    The best punchers/kickers in the world are not necessarily the best fighters out there, since there is MORE going on in 'between the lines' - those more elusive, harder to conceptualize aspects that should also be approached, practiced and refined if one is to be optimally prepared for a fight.

Some exemplary aspects of the 'Language of the fight': *Techniques - a knowledge base, vocabulary or lexicon that allows one to answer and ask appropriate questions, comprehend, digest and react. It is based in collective knowledge - refinement through experience of generations *Principles - master keys opening many doors vs techniques which are a narrower scope answers to questions. A principle can manufacture techniques. Techniques can work/fail if following/not certain principles. An example of a principle can be 'Framing' - something that keeps reappearing in many ground and clinching techniques. Titling it, conceptualizing it and refining it will help a fighter make sense of totally new scenarios in a better way. *Movement Quality - pronunciation and articulation of the techniques and other movements - generally an area that traditional martial arts are more focused on but usually with a decreased focus on Aliveness, (A term created by Matt Thornton) reality-based practice, dealing with chaos and non-cooperative training. *Spatial, Timing and Composition Motion Skills - grammar and musicality, placement, displacement and the rhythm of the words / movement / techniques. An area more commonly present in the greats of boxing but even in MMA demonstrated by few unique fighters like Anderson Silva, Dominick Cruz and Conor Mcgregor.

A fight is both a very specific scenario with great need of specialization and at the same time an unknown, present-unfolding general movement riddle with infinite parameters.
    I am of the belief general movement tools can benefit a fighter in the RIGHT dosages tremendously. #ufc202#conormcgregor #idoportal #movementculture

Snake oil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back