idiot newbs at bjj? help

how do u guys deal with the super aggresive flailing retards at bjj? the 90%strength 10% technique bjj newbs who are always trying REALLY REALLY hard to win and dont care about injuring you or themselves? Im all about goin with the flow and learning but damn I was passing this guys guard and he kept grabbing me by the throat like ninja status...and i finnaly started to pass and he started to pull my hair so he could recover guard , i was about to just slug him. but yea ..how do u deal w that bulllshit?

Tons of pressure! If they start spazzing I just control thier hips, let they wear themselves out and then pass or sweep depending on my position. If they start with the cheap sh*t I'll knee on belly with all my pressure until they start pushing on my upper body then it's armbar or clock choke all day. I roll however my partner does if he wants to flow and have a good technical roll that's cool, If he wants to be a d*ck I'm gonna smash on him all 5-10 min of that roll until he stops being a d*ck. I don't talk to them about it, if they are to dense to figure out it's not cool to spazz they'll just keep getting smashed on until they either quit of get broke. The world is full of assh*les don't feel bad to teach on a lesson. I'm not saying stoop to his level just smash on him with superior technique and constant PRESSURE.:D

if a noob pulled my hair i'd tell him to stop. because if he doesn't, i'll choke him to death.

i mean seriously, who the fuck pulls hair?!

but i get what you're saying. i had this one kid grab the shit out of my gi and the skin beneath it. he pinched me with each had, grabbing for shit like it's the mundials finals. he didn't do it on purpose so i didn't lose my freaking mind but it was still annoying as all hell.

i think the thing to do with the spazzing bastards is to pass their guard and mount them, then smother them with control for the entire round, give them no space at all. when the round is over i tell them they should relax and go easy because as they'd just noticed, i'm as light as a feather and they still couldn't do shit using their strength.

i think the real problem are the crazy guys that learn tecnique and don't stop spazzing. those you need to really watch out for.

I'm a newb myself but when I roll with the guys who are on "day 2 of BJJ" I usually say "Hey, they told me that we're not allowed to do that" or something to that effect.

But the other day some douche who must have just watched a rerun of UFC unleashed on Spike decides to SLAM me while I'm throwing a leg triangle on him.

I was so pissed that I swept him and threw on an Americana that I'm sure hurt him pretty bad. Thing is, that was like the 3rd or 4th time he did something like that and the instructor already told him "take it easy guys".

The instructor saw the Americana and didn't say anything to me because I think he knew why I did it.

Why wouldnt you just tell him then and there that we dont grab throats and pull hair in BJJ?

An easy thing to do would be to tell them to try to practice the technique taught in class. If you're taught a guard pass in class, they should practice the guard pass in the roll. If the new person is just jumping around, maybe falling back for a terrible ankle lock, tell them they're just trying to win, they're not trying to get better at jiu jitsu. That honestly makes sense to a lot of people who are ignorant because they are new.

Why wouldnt you just tell him then and there that we dont grab throats and pull hair in BJJ?

We don't? (joke)

I was pretty much a noob myself at the time when I had a fresh off the street noob get flustered and swing at me once. I took him down in an ugly but hard headlock throw (thank you highshcool wrestling) and choked for the tap.

I love noobs becuase they are usually going to be what you'd deal with on the streets. Frankly, although it is annoying as hell, if you can't get past a hairpull or ninja throat grab (which sounds like a nice set up for an armbar to me) maybe you need to get back to the drawingboard.

If they're really a noob and don't have a lot of skill then rape choke them from inside guard. If they don't tap then they'll open their guard and go right to knee on the face.

If they're really noobs then you'll be able to get away with all of that. Then after doing all of that to them tell them that they need to calm down or they're gonig to get themselves hurt.

But the other day some douche who must have just watched a rerun of UFC unleashed on Spike decides to SLAM me while I'm throwing a leg triangle on him.

Ugh. We had an ex wrestler who got trapped in triangles all the time and never learned how to use any defenses. He would just tap.

However, a few weeks ago that changed. He must have saw the Arona/Rampage fight. I slapped a triangle on and was trying to cut the angle off when all of sudden he just picks me up and slams me down. Now, this has happened before. This guy though probably outweighed me by 60-70 lbs (I am 145 and 6 ft) instead of the normal 10-20 lbs. Though he did not reach rampage heights, it was high enough to make to make me a bit woozy.

The instructor started to come over and I waved him off. I proceeded to hit a scissor sweep. From there I proceeded to switch from knee rides to scarf holds for the rest of the round. He "tapped" once and said he was exhausted. I told him the round was not over and we go until someone pukes or taps from a submission.

Immediately afterwards the instructor gave him a stern rebuke/warning. Slamming had be EXPLICITLY banned since this guy started.

Slams are illegal in BJJ / wrestling competitions anyway...

Just TELL the guy what he's doing wrong.

In my first class I was spazzing. I wasn't hair grabbing, choking, or anything else that could hurt my partner. I was just using 100% strength. Not because I think I'm superman, but because It was my first damn class and I didn't KNOW any technique.

The guys I was rolling with were super cool and gave me some pointers. I relaxed and learned.

From the perspective of a newb (which I am), please don't do what some of these guys have suggested. If you try to hurt the guy YOU'RE the dick because you know better.

Slams are illegal in BJJ / wrestling competitions anyway...

Obviously. This had nothing to do with competition and was more likely the guy was getting frustrated from getting caught in triangles.

Thanks for that rule review though.

Obviously. This had nothing to do with competition and was more likely the guy was getting frustrated from getting caught in triangles.

Thanks for that rule review though.

Np.

Educate ignorance and let your instructor deal with the douchebags.

If someone is really out to hurt me and i have the feeling they dont give a f* about my safety. ( scratching, elbowing ,not letting go in time after taps).

I just quit them, tell them you're to wild and don't roll with them again.

A while ago, before my new protocol^, i had a situation with a spazzer who was probably evenly matched with me.

He cranked me , elbowed me etc , and i got so mad that i was out for revenge , so i was planning on hurting him , but when i sank in the sub he insta tapped.

Which left me so damn frustrated lol, so nowadays i just don't roll with them anymore i have nothing to win against these idiots and i probably will get injured if i roll with them.

i would work on my stack passes and try and put his kneecap behind his ear

shave your head. problem solved.

Ugh. We had an ex wrestler who got trapped in triangles all the time and never learned how to use any defenses. He would just tap.

However, a few weeks ago that changed. He must have saw the Arona/Rampage fight. I slapped a triangle on and was trying to cut the angle off when all of sudden he just picks me up and slams me down. Now, this has happened before. This guy though probably outweighed me by 60-70 lbs (I am 145 and 6 ft) instead of the normal 10-20 lbs. Though he did not reach rampage heights, it was high enough to make to make me a bit woozy.

The instructor started to come over and I waved him off. I proceeded to hit a scissor sweep. From there I proceeded to switch from knee rides to scarf holds for the rest of the round. He "tapped" once and said he was exhausted. I told him the round was not over and we go until someone pukes or taps from a submission.

Immediately afterwards the instructor gave him a stern rebuke/warning. Slamming had be EXPLICITLY banned since this guy started.

I totally get you. I go for triangles all the time and newbs always wanna try to slam me. It's happened to much that after I get it locked I reach under their leg and preparation for a slam. That way if they choose to go for a slam, I can just timber them. Then I have a mounted triangle on them and I can do as I please(if we're doing no gi w/ gloves then I just punch them in the face forever!).

OR IF I do get slammed I just lock it tighter and armbar the fuck out of their arm via triangle armbar.

Back