Identify this move

Sideways Knee Bar

Last edited:
Its a reverse heelhook on the dude's left foot. Toes under the tant and lift up on the heel.

Because I sure can't!

Well shit... :icon_neut

I came in here 100% confident I would be able to answer easily. After about 10 rewinds trying to focus on different limbs, etc, I honestly have to say I don't know.

I have the feeling it could be a situation where something freaky happened to the guy on bottom and he got injured. The same thing happened to Xande when he fought Braulio last year and people were kinda like, "huh?" Maybe the guy on the bottom tore a muscle?

If it was a deliberate submission, it was something done on the fly.

Hey that's Daniel of Primate Lounge up in SBGi Sweden! Met a few of those guys at the SBGi winter camp in Berkeley. Some straight up badasses out of that gym.

probably something that he did to the foot on the bottom. unless someone knows him or was there I doubt you'll get a real answer

Toehold.

Heel hooks are illegal in that competition. Doesn't matter if there's no angle - there aren't any other submissions available :)

Sorry guys to be so late replying, but my buddy from Sweden got back to me. It's the same cross shin bone submission that Gerbil posted a video of a few months ago when he was in Brazil.

Here's the quote from my friend when I sent him the link:

"aha! Cool! If you're on that forum please tell them that the submission is the following: i'm putting my shin over his shin and then lift his foot by the toes while pushing my weight down on my shin.

Hurts like hell and it's very sneaky!"

That's it.

Back