Ideas on how to stop women getting stoned to death in the Middle East

There's about 1.6 billion Muslims in the world. What percentage of them are radical? There is not one universal Islamic group.

The Quran is 'radical' ; it pushes a hatefull ideology. Muslims who don't follow the Quran and really believe in it are more likely to be amneable to living amongst other cultures.

As far as radical I mean acting like the people in the OP. People who follow Wahhabism and committ these atrocities.

I say America should invade and take away all their stones.

Firstly Pakistan is not in the "Middle East." This is a pretty American way of looking at the world map. Secondly, every 2 minutes one American gets sexually assaulted so stop acting like your country has gotten its sh!t together.

Geography text book please ... followed by US crime stats.

These fringe shit posts never fail to surface in threads like this. "The US is worse because bla bla bla bla bla!!!!!

In America rapists/convicted rapists are tracked down and sent to prison.

In Pakistan a rapist brags about his "deed" while the women he raped gets stoned.

Guys like you never have a reply for this comparison. They just act like they didn't see it.

For the idiotic here is some info:

1. Under Islamic Law in Pakistan women are permitted to marry according to their own will even if it is against the wishes of their family. This is under Hanafi school of Islamic jurisprudence and Hanafi Law is the most widely practiced of the 5 legal schools.

Than get your ass over to Pakistan and let them know this. Until then...

You mean how your paintbrushing a whole group for the actions of a few?

That's not disingenuous?

Isn't it pathetic that the "whole group" are too incompetent to put a halt to these "few"?

So therefore:

A. Its just just "a few"
B. That "whole group" is either turning a blind eye to these actions or silently supporting it

Sorry but this is just nonsense. All four schools of Shariah ruled that the punishment for apostasy is death. This is a bland fact of classical Shariah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

"In medieval times, the four Sunni schools of Islamic jurisprudence held that apostasy by a male Muslim is punishable by death, differing on whether to execute the apostate immediately or grant the apostate an initial opportunity to repent and thus avoid penalty. They also differentiated between harmful and harmless apostasy (also known as major and minor apostasy) in accepting repentance."

That's including the Hanafi school. Moreover,

"Almost all scholars hold the opinion that the punishment of apostasy is death penalty. This view point is held by all classical scholars and in the 4 schools of thought."

Honestly you sound like you've been fed a line of reformist modern Muslim argument that tries to whitewash 10 centuries of clear Islamic jurisprudence. Akin to the recent attempts to argue that Aisha was not 9 years old when Mohammed sexed her. Or that jihad means 'spiritual struggle.'

There have been various attempts by modern Muslims to reject classical Shariah in this context, but they are so hypocritical and selective that they have found relatively little acceptance. This is why support for the death penalty against apostates retains remarkably high support among Muslims *even in Western nations*. Efforts to whitewash this are either uninformed -- at best -- or willfully deceptive. Nobody who is actually familiar with Shariah could accept it for an instant.

"A 2007 poll by Policy Exchange revealed that 31% of British Muslims believed that leaving the Muslim religion should be punishable by death."

Zankou dropping the Knowledge Bombs up in here.:cool:

It's verbatim btw.

The modernized version, but we don't need to get into that

Why are you mixing up my words?

I'm not, are you confused?

I said the people who participated in those honor killings aren't true Muslims.

Even though they're following the practice of the religion to a T? Save this business for somebody else.

As far as Sharia, there isn't some fixed code.

Uh, yeah, that's absoutely what it is.

Islamic judges ultimately choose and interpret the laws from the Quran and Sunnah.

Mainly from Hadiths. You're either not sure of what is taught in your own religion, or you're being intentionally dishonest agian.

I'd like to think peoples human instincts kick in before following their 'religious beliefs'.

I ignore these countries where this continues happening.
No hope for them at all.

why dont we leave other countries alone..

Strong post content to username ratio, LOL

Last edited:
Dude, are you just flat refusing to pay attention to what is going on in the world? EVERYWHERE Islam brushes up agianst the rest of humanity there is war. It isn't even debatable.

You are generalising regarding Islam and your definition of everywhere is a skew

Based on what in the belief system? It's total lack of willingness to live along side other religions? It's attitude towards women? The fact that it states openly that you are to terrorize, murder or enslave anyone who doesn't follow the same belief system as you? You are totally clueless.

So you have been reading the King James Bible eh? Good for you.

Back