ideas for training at home

Paulaoki

Brown Belt
Reaction score
hi I just got a proper barbell (not sure if 10 or 15kgs) and a few weights, 4 x 10kgs, 2 x 5kgs also 2 adjustable dumbells of 2 kgs each that have 2 x 2 kgs and 4 x 1 kgs each, (total 10kgs each) and these discs also fit onto the BB..
no squat rack, no bench, and looks like if I want to proper train squat and DL I still have to go to the gym, as I need 120kgs + and obviously a squat rack.
I was thinking obviously front squats from the floor, cleans, clean and press, press, BOR, DBRow (10 kgs weights also go onto the dumbells for heavy one arm rowing), upright rows, SLDL, obviously some work for arms delts etc..
any more ideas?

Unless you are pretty weak, I don't think you have enough weight for the barbell to make front squats or cleans very challenging. Even if you are weak you should be able to bust past your BB weights with a couple months of work.

I know I am obviously getting more discs as they come up cheap on the ads, I will just do many sets/reps, total weight is nearly BW of 80kgs

hi I just got a proper barbell (not sure if 10 or 15kgs) and a few weights, 4 x 10kgs, 2 x 5kgs also 2 adjustable dumbells of 2 kgs each that have 2 x 2 kgs and 4 x 1 kgs each, (total 10kgs each) and these discs also fit onto the BB..

I think a proper barbell should be about 20kg. I'm in the same boat, I haven't got a power rack. I've got about 150kg in plates though. I've still not got around to getting a bench, not a lot of room.

I've have a concept2 rower so most of what I do is cardio, complexes and circuits of one form or another in the garden.

I think a proper barbell should be about 20kg.

didn't have that even in the gym, this barbell is better than the one I use at the gym lol.
150 kilos without a rack would be pretty useless to me right now, as I would have to clean that weight off the floor .. not quite there

Yeah a squat rack will allow so much more variety in the lifts you can do...definitely a plus if you can get a good quality one.

thanks but no way my flat is ridiculously small. I think I will go to the gym maybe once a week (you can pay single entrances cheap) for a day of squat bench and DL. then train other 3 days at home with cleans, fsq, press, bor, and some more ideas that i'm sure I will get here and there

I have a hard time imagining you wouldn't have enough room for sawhorses.

Read the FAQ.

And there are plenty of threads on this topic.

Floor press, OHP, close grip floor press, french press(skullcrushers)Pullups (bars are cheap), Deadlifts, BORS, cleans, snatches, front squats, step ups, Romanian deads, hell what can't you do?

Back