Ideas for a second job

ironkhan57

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So my job at ups its part time at the moment. And i like it because it gets me stronger and its $14/hr. I was told peak would start between the 15th to the end of the month. But i thinks its not starting until after thanksgiving. So i recently signed up for a car rental app, and ya'll know how i like to do doordash. And doordash is a bit more flexible than a lot of jobs at the moment. And when i was doing it in new jersey i was making over $100+ a day, $160 at most. But that was all day deliveries which i don't have a problem with on my days off which is fris and suns.

Anyways once peak season starts its going to be 12 hrs a day basically. Which is basically 11pm to 10-11am. So if anybody remembers i was working triples when i was working for my dads stores in dominos, and i was there open til closing. So if anybody knows how working long, unnecessary hrs for even min wage is its me. Because i had to stop that shit and ask for a raise to work less hrs and make a bit more.

So im kind of trying to avoid that 100hrs again (not really 100 but still). So any suggestions? My boy at work said walmart but im not all for that i really dont like customer service jobs. But im considering that. Security jobs which i have done in the past im considering a bit more, but really havent found a lot of desperate ones yet. Havent been looking a lot but i have been looking.

UPS, dominos, door dash, walmart.....
Why don't you man up, go to a vocational school and make up to 50k after graduation.
Unless you like Menial jobs, then stick to what you do young Millennial

So my job at ups its part time at the moment. And i like it because it gets me stronger and its $14/hr. I was told peak would start between the 15th to the end of the month. But i thinks its not starting until after thanksgiving. So i recently signed up for a car rental app, and ya'll know how i like to do doordash. And doordash is a bit more flexible than a lot of jobs at the moment. And when i was doing it in new jersey i was making over $100+ a day, $160 at most. But that was all day deliveries which i don't have a problem with on my days off which is fris and suns.

Anyways once peak season starts its going to be 12 hrs a day basically. Which is basically 11pm to 10-11am. So if anybody remembers i was working triples when i was working for my dads stores in dominos, and i was there open til closing. So if anybody knows how working long, unnecessary hrs for even min wage is its me. Because i had to stop that shit and ask for a raise to work less hrs and make a bit more.

So im kind of trying to avoid that 100hrs again (not really 100 but still). So any suggestions? My boy at work said walmart but im not all for that i really dont like customer service jobs. But im considering that. Security jobs which i have done in the past im considering a bit more, but really havent found a lot of desperate ones yet. Havent been looking a lot but i have been looking.
What are your fields of interest?

You like to fight

bouncer, its a good job for young guy to have

You like to fight

bouncer, its a good job for young guy to have
Road-House-Cover.jpg

If you're not totally strapped for cash right now I'd just stick with UPS. You'll be swamped with work there in no time. Then, after the holidays you can worry about getting a second job.

Have you seen the movie American gigolo?

Would his weiner have to rub up against prostates?

Working at an old folks homes is becoming popular. They always need extra hands at meal time. You can pick up a 3 hour shift delivering meals. Its super easy b/c there are limited choices of meals, and you get to stay on your feet and move around inside.

If you're not totally strapped for cash right now I'd just stick with UPS. You'll be swamped with work there in no time. Then, after the holidays you can worry about getting a second job.

Honestly im not getting paid over 200 over here and i got laundry to do at the laundromats, i got to resupply my septakey card, got to get shit for my room, and stock up on snacks and caffeine drinks before i go into work. Like its 3hrs a day. And im trying to save my money but i keep having to pay for ubers on the weekends to get to work because im still figuring out the bus schedules, and i still need my septakey card for the bus and trains. So really i need something to make some extra cash. I thought id be good too but really im not especially when i got rent to pay too.

Would his weiner have to rub up against prostates?

Working at an old folks homes is becoming popular. They always need extra hands at meal time. You can pick up a 3 hour shift delivering meals. Its super easy b/c there are limited choices of meals, and you get to stay on your feet and move around inside.

Arent they more akeen to hiring women? That sounds good. Especially if all i got to do is deliver a meal. If they dont mind a man being in there, where would i apply?

Try and start your own side business. Better than working for someone.

Arent they more akeen to hiring women? That sounds good. Especially if all i got to do is deliver a meal. If they dont mind a man being in there, where would i apply?

lol Seriously? Why wouldn't old folks homes hire men?

Yeah they looki g for football players not jose aldos.

Size doesnt matter

What they are looking for are guys that show up on time,listen what they are told and can work under pressure.

I worked as a bouncer full time for 2 years

Honestly im not getting paid over 200 over here and i got laundry to do at the laundromats, i got to resupply my septakey card, got to get shit for my room, and stock up on snacks and caffeine drinks before i go into work. Like its 3hrs a day. And im trying to save my money but i keep having to pay for ubers on the weekends to get to work because im still figuring out the bus schedules, and i still need my septakey card for the bus and trains. So really i need something to make some extra cash. I thought id be good too but really im not especially when i got rent to pay too.

Oh, man. 3 hrs a day? Yeah, that is underemployed. Sorry to hear that.
Is there anything available close to where you live or on the bus lines that you're familiar with so that you don't have to spend $$$ on ubers?
Maybe look for a temp job for a few weeks till UPS needs you full-time?
Good luck, man.

lol Seriously? Why wouldn't old folks homes hire men?

I only seen women in those places,. I would think the kitchen where they make the food got men and women there.
Size doesnt matter

What they are looking for are guys that show up on time,listen what they are told and can work under pressure.

I worked as a bouncer full time for 2 years

If they flexible than ima look on craigslist. Im not the biggest for my height either. If they looking for someone who can stop ronnie coleman from bullrushing, thats not me lol i could in someway shape or form. But probably not. Are they flexible on they schedules? I work overnight shifts at ups, so i would love an afternoon shift anything and not be called in for an overnight shift, and the owner bitching about it the next day.

Back