I'd rather get soccer kicked in the face than have this happen

How this is allowed is beyond me. And even worse people bitch about soccer kicks and knees to grounded opponent. I'll pick those any day of the week.

You'd prefer the likeliness of brain damage/concussion vs the likeliness of a torn ligament or two?
As a guy who tore his LCL, fucking lol id take a torn lcl and acl any day of the year vs a soccer kick to the head that ko's me and gives me a concussion and possible brain damage. And i think soccer kicks in mma should be legal.

Yep. Me too. The guy probably has the Unhappy Triad (no pun intended), which I've had.

Imo soccer kicks should decrease the odds of CTE as soccer kicks tend to end fights quickly so the guy who got concussed doesn't recover and take a shit load more damage. Most studies on CTE show that it is the accumulation of head trauma that causes CTE and not as much from the KOs themselves.

Yes this is way better.

1036584-7M0VFAL.gif

You'd prefer the likeliness of brain damage/concussion vs the likeliness of a torn ligament or two?
As a guy who tore his LCL, fucking lol id take a torn lcl and acl any day of the year vs a soccer kick to the head that ko's me and gives me a concussion and possible brain damage. And i think soccer kicks in mma should be legal.
100%

I tore my right ACL a number of years ago and I was overcompensating with my left leg and wound up tearing my left LCL. It hurt and it sucked not being able to walk much and honestly the worst part was trying to sleep because you just can't have your legs in a comfortable position that doesn't hurt.

But I'd rather go through that again than get soccer kicked in the face by a pro fighter.

But still extremely low percentage. It happens after thousands kicks.

Imo soccer kicks should decrease the odds of CTE as soccer kicks tend to end fights quickly so the guy who got concussed doesn't recover and take a shit load more damage. Most studies on CTE show that it is the accumulation of head trauma that causes CTE and not as much from the KOs themselves.
Find me the science article and journal you read through to come to this conclusion. Which neuroscience facility are you currently employed with? And please don’t say because Joe Rogan said so

I'd rather take the kick. I'm the one who can fight again in a few months. Hard to come back from torn acls
i only seen 1 other guy kick around like that after taking a shot, thats when mvp caved cyborgs skull. going on a limb and saying he broke his face and wasnt unconscious
that looks like writhing in pain from a bat breaking on your head lol

Last edited:
i only seen 1 other guy kick around like that after taking a shot, thats when mvp caved cyborgs skull. going on a limb and saying he broke his face and wasnt unconscious
that looks like writhing in pain from a bat breaking on your head lol
that said, pain killers, cocaine and a new titanium leg made conor seem pretty happy. dont seem like the recovery on that is half bad lol

It's always the same story. First you allow soccer kicks in MMA, then you end up with MMA kicks in soccer... Hey, waiiiiit a minute ...

Find me the science article and journal you read through to come to this conclusion. Which neuroscience facility are you currently employed with? And please don’t say because Joe Rogan said so

in boxing...
deaths 95% of the time due to head trauma are from successvie sustained blows over the duration of a fight. And 90% of the time its from fighters having to make weight in lower weight divisions - they have less hydration around their brain (from trying to cut weight) causing it to rattle more after taking a beating...causing brain damage. There are much much less deaths in heavyweights becasue heavyweights (who generally have more power than lowerweights)can end fights regularly with 1 blow (reducsing the chance of taking a beating over several rounds) and its against a more padded brain tissue as a result of not having to rehydrate)....

Here is one, all you have to do is Google CTE studies and most seem to agree that repeated head trauma seems to be more of a cause to CTE than KOs or concussions themselves.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zvVQeMRfWdzkDLhH9
Wow, so rude of you to answer with actual studies !! You were supposed to be humiliated by his post and look at the floor in shame, vowing to never talk about CTE in public again.
You're so unfair.

Back