Media "I'd like to see Gaethje put Conor in a wheelchair"

Yeah, but I don't think Conor hits as hard as Charles or Chandler. I mean too durable for Conor.

I'm not sure Conor's actually KO'd anyone with one punch other than Jose, and I just don't buy the claim that his left hand is that dangerous. I would not say the same for Chandler's overhand right.

I would favour Conor over Chandler if it were 4 yrs ago, but today, I don't think I'd favour Conor against anyone in the top 10. I'm happy to be proven wrong, so I'd definitely watch. I recognize that he'd have a chance against Gaethje - that's a lot of respect given to a man who hasn't won a fight in the last 20 years, no?
I'm confused about you bringing Chandler into this. Gaethje beat Chandler.

So Top 5 (by your own admission) isn’t “elite”?
Depends how you define elite. I would say 90th percentile (top 10%), so in the LW division which has 73 fighters in the UFC, that would be the champion and top 6 contenders.

Gaethje is currently the #3 ranked contender. You can argue whether he deserves that ranking today. However I think there is no doubt that at his peak he was easily within that range

A lot of people would like it, but Justin is not the guy. Never was at Conor (or elite) level and never will be. His only chance is another leg break. I like the guy, but he was always borderline top 5 material at best. As harsh as that sounds for someone who fought for title twice.
That's ridiculous. Conor has shit gas tank and doesn't posses the KO power to end fights early, reliably at LW. Gaethje has at least a 65% chance of destroying Conor.

I’m a Conor fan, and I’d love to see this fight. I’ve always thought Conor would beat Justin super easy. Plus people somehow actually think Justin is good, so it would be considered a good win for Conor.
I'm the opposite, i don't like him, but i would love to see the fight.
If they fight and Conor gets a win (without cheating), credit where credit is due, it would be an excellent win for Conor.

Back