I'd like to make 3 points before UFC 245

3. Yes I think Yan wins, but I have huge respect for Faber taking that fight. He is fighting one of the toughest guys in the division, despite him not having a big name, that takes some serious balls. If all he was after was a payday he could've angled for a fight with someone like Dodson or Assuncao, or even Edgar who's 37 years old. All ranked, all bigger names, all easier fights.
I agree with Faber. I don't like him but taking that fight shows some cojones.

Weren't IVs allowed when Conor was at featherweight? Because IVs help you reduce things like getting chinny because of a lot cutted weight to almost zero % compared to cutting loads of weight with not using IVs?
Nailed it. Once IV went away a lot of fighters Had to move up, and other fighters for other reasons seemed to all move down

3 things are on my mind regarding this card and I'd like to share them with you.

1. GDR is the perfect style to beat Amanda and if she doesn't beat her, nobody will. Also, Amanda certainly MUST wrestle in order to win this fight.

2. If Conor looked like hell making 145 and had the run that he had in that division, why can't Aldo look like hell right now and end up looking like a monster in the cage come Saturday night? Not saying he will or won't, just an interesting thing to consider IMO.

3. Yan is the only pick I'm 100% certain about. Yes, of course, it is MMA and anything can happen, but if I were a betting man, Petr mopping the floor with Faber would be my absolute best bet, just saying.

That's all, just wanted to share some of my thoughts prior to the card... Watcha think Sherscientists?
Styles do make fights but it wont matter ....AGAIN as she already lost to a MUCH lesser version of Nunes. You saying Amanda " must" wrestle to beat her is , respectfully, just fucking silly. Amanda Nunes, now , punches like a male , has the power close to a male and has the offensive technician of a male ( shoulder girdle all the way to how her punches land). She will " Mike Tyson" her ( everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the face).
I wont re visit this after my words come to fruition. It's not my style.

Conor was younger and had IV, the cut gets harder as you get older.. and from my understanding the IV is a huge factor.

Amanda will get the KO standing inside the first.

Gut feeling but I think yan is in for a dog fight with faber.

Conor looked awful during the weigh-ins because he cut huge amounts of water weight. Aldo looked awful weeks out because he's actually reducing his body weight. That's not weight he can put back on before the fight like Conor did, he's going to have to fight like that. Comparing Conor looking bad at 145 to Aldo now is like comparing apples and oranges, they look bad for completely different reasons.

Agree on petr yan, but aldo case is different there were IV's when connor fought and even there i dont belive conor weight cut was as bad as aldo weight cut

My responses to each:
1. Interesting that you should say that. I've had a funny feeling about this fight as well. GDR has skills and she seems to be in a really good place right now. Also, they say its harder to keep the belt than to get it and Nunes has had it for quite a while now. She is due to start having issues with complacency and lose her edge. I'm curious if you could elaborate as to why GDR has the perfect style to beat Nunes given her grappling inferiority though.

2. I agree completely with you about Aldo and the weight thing. I have a hard time picking him because of his 'fight age', but not because of the weight. Everyone seems to rate how much weight a fighter can lose for a fight based on severe weight cutting via dehydration but if its done over weeks or months in an intelligent manner by restricting calories, the human body can lose a ton of weight reasonably safely.

3. You just made me feel that much better about my upcoming weekend action. View attachment 690133 Who you picking Colby/Usman? I originally considered that one a throwaway bet but I'm starting to get a bit more hopeful.

Appreciate your reply bro.
1. I think GDR has the striking acumen to land on Nunes often and hard. She is a better striker with better technique and her long, crisp straight punches could especially hurt Amanda if she starts getting sloppy and a little wild which she does have a tendency of doing.

2. For sure. Moraes could definitely hurt him bad and finish him, I do believe he'll be just as quick, I just think Aldo's technique everywhere ia much better.

3. i was leaning Usman but its a really close fight. It's really one of those fights where the early pace and action will tell us a lot, but for now it's 55/45 Usman IMO.

1. GDR is like Valentina. She has been kickboxing for so long she has perfect, efficient striking technique, but the scary thing is that Nunes is more athletic and still hits harder and showed us some new tricks in her last fight. I predict Nunes holding her own in the stand up and working her way to a UD if she doesn't stop it on the ground.
GDR is on pare with Val in terms of pure skill but with more power and aggression. She'll light nunes up if amanda keeps it standing too long.

I think amanda will check her ego and use all the tools of MMA and get a Split. I'm pulling for GDR though.

I think the main thing Y’all are forgetting with Aldo is that for the longest time his style was to do absolutely fuck all
Sure he can do that even being depleted

Elaborate please.
Or is your statement solely based on the Volkanovski fight?

Elaborate please.
Or is your statement solely based on the Volkanovski fight?

I meant he loves to coast around not doing an awful lot
He was a violent little bastard in the WEC but virtually all his ufc fights were just slow plodding and coasting and I don’t think the weight cut will be the issue everyone’s making it out to be

I meant he loves to coast around not doing an awful lot
He was a violent little bastard in the WEC but virtually all his ufc fights were just slow plodding and coasting and I don’t think the weight cut will be the issue everyone’s making it out to be

He was pretty inactive in the Volk fight like I mentioned, but other than that he's been putting hands on guys so I don't know where this is coming from.

-Put up a good fight for the first couple rounds in both Max fights until Max's volume and pace just drowned him.

- TKOd Moicano

-TKOd Stephens

-Lost to Volk and looked awful, didn't do much

So , like I said, where are you getting those from other than the Alex fight?

3. Yes I think Yan wins, but I have huge respect for Faber taking that fight. He is fighting one of the toughest guys in the division, despite him not having a big name, that takes some serious balls. If all he was after was a payday he could've angled for a fight with someone like Dodson or Assuncao, or even Edgar who's 37 years old. All ranked, all bigger names, all easier fights.
an Edgar / Faber rematch?

why.....

Back