I'd be 100-0 if I cherry picked like Mayweather: Amir Khan

Alvarez was fresh and a pretty big unknown and had a very significant size advantage so nothing about that fight was safe. Yes everyone knew Floyd was the much better boxer but he picked a seriously dangerous fighter to go up against. Doesn't matter what anyone says that was a legit balls out choice for an opponent. I don't give a shit about making him come down in weight either because he agreed to it. You can't say yes then use it as an excuse after the fact.

Same with Marquez. He wasn't nearly big enough for that fight and allowed Floyd to weigh even more then they agreed on right before the fight. It's not an excuse if you agree to it for some extra money.

Pac fight should have happened a long time ago but Floyd isn't the one afraid of needles.

I do believe 100% that Mosley was avoided until he was barely a shell of his former self. I would have loved to see that fight back in the day. Would have been epic in my opinion.

Khan dodges and ducks everyone and has for quite awhile now. Difference is he's not protecting his 0 he's protecting his glass chin in the hopes he can get a payday against the guy he just insulted for no reason. Acting like he has fought the better opposition... just no.

If anyone avoided Mosley/Mayweather before it happened after Margarito/Mosley, it was Mosley, not Mayweather. I think it's a bit strong to claim that Mosley ducked Mayweather at any point, but it's more or less impossible to claim that Mayweather was avoiding him at any point before then (other than him playing hard to get with Mosley for a month or two before they signed to fight).

Floyd is ducking Lara.

http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-id-100-0-if-i-cherry-picked-like-mayweather--94010I

Sour grapes indeed but with Floyd its more when he fights them than who he fights imo. He'll give a young buck like Ortiz a shot whilst he's riding the crest of a wave because he knows he is fundamentally superior in every facet, guys like Shane and Manny on the other hand get challenged when on the downwards arc.
A very shrewd man, sometimes painful for the fans though.

With Mosley Mayweather was constantly calling him out and trying to get that fight long before Mayweather had the mega fight with De La Hoya (who Mayweather moved up to 154 to fight) it was Mosley who shied away from that fight. Mayweather is also older than Manny, so I don't understand how people can say Manny wasn't at his peak but pretend like Mayweather is.

Mayweather has fought basically every top fighter at 147 over the last 10+ years but somehow people try to claim he ducks people.

If anyone avoided Mosley/Mayweather before it happened after Margarito/Mosley, it was Mosley, not Mayweather. I think it's a bit strong to claim that Mosley ducked Mayweather at any point, but it's more or less impossible to claim that Mayweather was avoiding him at any point before then (other than him playing hard to get with Mosley for a month or two before they signed to fight).

This. People want to pretend that in Mosley's fight directly before he fought Mayweather that Mosley didn't put on one of the best performances of his career.

Canelo was as low as 2 to 1 by fight time against Floyd. Plenty of people thought that Canelo could beat Floyd.

That's the power of hyping up casuals I guess. Maybe I shouldn't have said "literally nobody" but I certainly didn't give Canelo a chance and nobody I talked to about the fight did either. Even Canelo fans I knew didn't. Again, I'm surprised the betting line for that close but I don't really pay attention to those because I don't bet much.

Khan, p4p most delusional boxer in the world

I don't cheerlead the Floyd cherry pick brigade, as he has a good resume, but literally nobody thought Canelo was beating Floyd. And JMM had just had his first fight at 135 when Floyd signed to fight him.

I seem to remember a lot of people giving Canelo a good shot at beating floyd. The youth and size alone made it a decent fight on paper. Then add canelos skill. But yeah floyd worked him over.

That's really surprising if true. I guess they did a great job hyping that fight, but I never gave Canelo a chance in that fight. I remember most hardcore fans feeling the same.

Didn't you say you had the fight pretty close? I can't really remember

Floyd played a lot of angles above 140. However, he could have fought his entire career at 130-140 where he was completely dominate regardless of who was across from him (outside of Castillo). Mayweather didn't have to move up. He chose "money" match-ups with little risk of big physical damage being done.

Someone tell Amir Khan that if he fought 100 times against similar opposition Mayweather fought against that at some point someone was going to find his chin. Prescot and Garcia clearly didn't hit him hard enough.

Last edited:
lol@questioning of Floyd's resume AGAIN because Amir Khan't said something.

P.S. - "Floyd won't fight a strong black ranked fighter."

Floyd picks a strong ranked black fighter.

"SEE Floyd cherry-picks, this is an easy beatable strong black ranked fighter!"

Khan would have a half dozen losses if he faced the same comp that Mayweather has.

Has Khan ever fought a top 10 p4p opponent? At 140+ Mayweather has fought Hatton, Marquez, Mosely, Cotto, Canelo and Pacquiao.

Didn't you say you had the fight pretty close? I can't really remember

ClosER than most had it but I had Floyd winning clean. I just disagreed with people saying Canelo got completely wiped out, 12-0. I gave him a couple rounds. That offended some of Floyd's disciples here and I got attacked for it but oh well. Nothing new.

ClosER than most had it but I had Floyd winning clean. I just disagreed with people saying Canelo got completely wiped out, 12-0. I gave him a couple rounds. That offended some of Floyd's disciples here and I got attacked for it but oh well. Nothing new.

Canelo won at least 3 rounds, but not more than 4. Floyd looked good, but Canelo took some of his tools away, such as the pull counter that Floyd loves to use.

I just hope Berto at least gets Floyd out of first gear. it's the best one can hope for, barring an unthinkable KO.

Has Khan ever fought a top 10 p4p opponent? At 140+ Mayweather has fought Hatton, Marquez, Mosely, Cotto, Canelo and Pacquiao.

Not much for Khan's whining about not getting the fight or his shit talking, but Maidana and Alexander are pretty solid wins for Khan. Those guys were on the cusp of not on p4p type lists.

Let's also be clear that just because Mayweather fought Hatton at 145, that doesn't make beating Hatton a good win for Mayweather against a 147 guy. It makes it a good win against a blown up 140 guy. Marquez is another guy who fought Mayweather out of class, but it's a quality win against 135-140 dude. Guerrero was unproven above 135 when Mayweather fought him. The Cotto fight was at 154, but Cotto has been spot picking fights above 147 since 2010 (and I hate saying that since I love Cotto).

Cotto, Maidana, Mosley, and Pacquiao were good wins at 147 (the Mosley and Pacquiao fights were made way later then they should have been, though). Canelo and De La Hoya are good wins at 154.

Canelo was the only guy from that list that was for the majority of his career a 145 or above fighter. 25 fights at 145-147, 17 fights at or above above 150 (Mayweather was his 14th opponent above 150).

I gave Mayweather a lot of props for winning that fight by a solid margin.

Last edited:
Says the guy who got KO'd by Breidis Prescott.

Not much for Khan's whining about not getting the fight or his shit talking, but Maidana and Alexander are pretty solid wins for Khan. Those guys were on the cusp of not on p4p type lists.

Let's also be clear that just because Mayweather fought Hatton at 145, that doesn't make beating Hatton a good win for Mayweather against a 147 guy. It makes it a good win against a blown up 140 guy. Marquez is another guy who fought Mayweather out of class, but it's a quality win against 135-140 dude. Guerrero was unproven above 135 when Mayweather fought him. The Cotto fight was at 154, but Cotto has been spot picking fights above 147 since 2010 (and I hate saying that since I love Cotto).

Cotto, Maidana, Mosley, and Pacquiao were good wins at 147 (the Mosley and Pacquiao fights were made way later then they should have been, though). Canelo and De La Hoya are good wins at 154.

Canelo was the only guy from that list that was for the majority of his career a 145 or above fighter. 25 fights at 145-147, 17 fights at or above above 150 (Mayweather was his 14th opponent above 150).

I gave Mayweather a lot of props for winning that fight by a solid margin.

Cotto vs Mayweather was at 154. Cottos 4th fight in a row at that weight. Cotto has been fighting at welter or above since 2006. Only fought below welter his first 5 years

Cotto vs Mayweather was at 154. Cottos 4th fight in a row at that weight. Cotto has been fighting at welter or above since 2006. Only fought below welter his first 5 years

I know what the weight was. Cotto fought at 147 until 2010, and I said he has been finding fights at 154 that suit him style wise. When Mayweather fought Cotto, Cotto had done little to prove that he was a legit 154. Beating up Foreman (Cotto was a big favorite) and Margarito (who he already fought at 147 and hadn't done anything at 154 himself), doesn't make you an all of a sudden good 154 boxer.

Back