I'd be 100-0 if I cherry picked like Mayweather: Amir Khan

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/khan-id-100-0-if-i-cherry-picked-like-mayweather--94010I

Sour grapes indeed but with Floyd its more when he fights them than who he fights imo. He'll give a young buck like Ortiz a shot whilst he's riding the crest of a wave because he knows he is fundamentally superior in every facet, guys like Shane and Manny on the other hand get challenged when on the downwards arc.
A very shrewd man, sometimes painful for the fans though.

Someone let Khan now hes ducking Brook and just fought Algieri.

Floyd cherry pick enthusiasts are morons.

How about Saul Alvarez? I genuinely don't know. Mayweather is retiring in a few months so it doesn't seem like he could have waited much longer.

Juan Manuel M

How about Saul Alvarez? I genuinely don't know. Mayweather is retiring in a few months so it doesn't seem like he could have waited much longer.

Juan Manuel M

I don't cheerlead the Floyd cherry pick brigade, as he has a good resume, but literally nobody thought Canelo was beating Floyd. And JMM had just had his first fight at 135 when Floyd signed to fight him.

Lol.

Floyd Mayweather is as low as a -260 favorite against Canelo Alvarez. Mayweather has not been that small of a favorite since coming out of retirement in 2009.

Lol beats Canelo, beats Pacman, 2 fight everyone was clamoring for and now he wants to take a little break from fighting behemoths and all the sudden he's cherrypicking?

That's really surprising if true. I guess they did a great job hyping that fight, but I never gave Canelo a chance in that fight. I remember most hardcore fans feeling the same.

How about Saul Alvarez?

Probably my favourite Floyd fight. Brave but you could say another great timing move?
That majority decision was an absolute farce, Canelo got taken to school.

You can discredit pretty much every fight on anyone's record. Its really not difficult.

That's really surprising if true. I guess they did a great job hyping that fight, but I never gave Canelo a chance in that fight. I remember most hardcore fans feeling the same.

That is because Mayweather is basically unbeatable. No one would be favored against him.

I remember a ton of people picking Canelo and saying Floyd would never take the fight. Then the fight got announced, and opinions changed, just like they did when the Pac fight was announced. The Pac nuthuggers went from "Oh, he's the guy to KO Floyd, to beat him, he's the best in the world." To "Floyd will probably win, but I just want to see a good fight." Pathetic bunch you Floyd haters are.

Alvarez was fresh and a pretty big unknown and had a very significant size advantage so nothing about that fight was safe. Yes everyone knew Floyd was the much better boxer but he picked a seriously dangerous fighter to go up against. Doesn't matter what anyone says that was a legit balls out choice for an opponent. I don't give a shit about making him come down in weight either because he agreed to it. You can't say yes then use it as an excuse after the fact.

Same with Marquez. He wasn't nearly big enough for that fight and allowed Floyd to weigh even more then they agreed on right before the fight. It's not an excuse if you agree to it for some extra money.

Pac fight should have happened a long time ago but Floyd isn't the one afraid of needles.

I do believe 100% that Mosley was avoided until he was barely a shell of his former self. I would have loved to see that fight back in the day. Would have been epic in my opinion.

Khan dodges and ducks everyone and has for quite awhile now. Difference is he's not protecting his 0 he's protecting his glass chin in the hopes he can get a payday against the guy he just insulted for no reason. Acting like he has fought the better opposition... just no.

Wilder would kill Floyd.

Bombbbbbbbbb Squadddddddddd

Lol. This the only good thing about Mayweather vs Berto. Seeing Khan super salty, and having to come up with an excuse to why he won't fight Brook.

PBF ducked Brook and cherrypicked Pac.

I don't cheerlead the Floyd cherry pick brigade, as he has a good resume, but literally nobody thought Canelo was beating Floyd. And JMM had just had his first fight at 135 when Floyd signed to fight him.

Canelo was as low as 2 to 1 by fight time against Floyd. Plenty of people thought that Canelo could beat Floyd.

Yeah but floyd will get Koed by king khan :rolleyes:

Back