Ice And Heat Gel/Wraps

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Forever Young, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Forever Young

Forever Young Balls Deep Belt

I got my shoulder smashed off a whizzer throw today. I doubt it is fractured or broken, but it HURTS. I got a heat/ice gel pack at Walgreens. Does anybody have experience with these? I'm wondering what the best way to use this might be.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. bigdog972

bigdog972 White Belt

I'm just getting to the tail end of nursing a sprained ac joint... Ice for 20 minutes at a time for the first couple days until you can have it checked out...My doc told me ice for 20, then rest for 60. Be sure to have a towel or something thicker than a t-shirt in between the frozen gel pack and your shoulder. Main thing is to ice and put in a brace to keep the tension/srtress off the joint....I bought a mcdavid neoprene brace from sports authority for about 40 bux. It came with a couple gel packs that can be heated or frozen. Probably the best thing that I got for this shoulder injury. The brace secures across my chest under the opposite armpit and it holds the gel packs in the right position....