IBJJF belt time confusion.

Idk if that is such a good idea, remember the guy who got his BB but the IBJJF wouldn't recognize it so he had to compete at Brown, won, then the internet wanted his head on a platter. Sam something.

This would happen to me 10x worse than that. I am much more well known than that guy. Also, it isnt like I started training in 2005 and got my black belt 2 months before the tournament. I have been at purple belt for a year, and I have a lot of wins over browns and blacks. The backlash I would get would be pretty extreme and probably well deserved.

No one is not recognizing him. They just don't know he is a purple belt yet. They will just update it when they are made aware. This is a pretty routine occurrence.

No one is not recognizing him. They just don't know he is a purple belt yet. They will just update it when they are made aware. This is a pretty routine occurrence.

This makes me feel much better! I emailed them today and hopefully they switch it.

Actually Holt, I feel that forcing you to compete at purple is already like forcing you to sandbag a bit... I know that some competitive purples are real beasts but I feel that you should be allowed to compete at black...

Anyway competing a blue would earn you some nice pics in the topic of BJJ meme.

"Dear Athlete,

Thank you for contacting IBJJF.

Your belt rank has been updated to purple.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
IBJJF Membership Staff"

That was fast. Unfortunately, I will have to now register again and do the whole certificate thing next year as I will be a brown. Thanks for the help guys.

"Dear Athlete,

Thank you for contacting IBJJF.

Your belt rank has been updated to purple.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,
IBJJF Membership Staff"

That was fast. Unfortunately, I will have to now register again and do the whole certificate thing next year as I will be a brown. Thanks for the help guys.

Yeah the brown belt registration sucks way more. Just start on your paperwork as soon as you get the brown belt to save yourself a time crunch down the line.

Hey Holt, please don't enter the Master's division ;)
*tucks dick between legs and shuffles out of thread

Have the head instructor talk to the IBJJF/USBJJF person and get it sorted. Something similar happened at our academy with someone and our head instructor got it sorted.

Back