Rumored Iaquinta claims that Poirier/Iaquinta will be announced soon - False alarm, fight not happening

BooBoyMan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Very odd fight to make lol, but I don't really care, this would be a fucking banger. 65/35 Poirier.

EDIT: This fight isn't happening, Iaquinta was just trolling I guess. :(

Hopefully Al gets matched up against a wrestler like Gillespie.

Last edited:
Poirier works him and it ends with Iaquinta’s face looking like minced meat.

Next!

I’m down. Poirier’s boxing + Al’s chin = <{JustBleed}>

Good fight, but I have a hard time picturing Iaquinta actually winning.

I like Al but he gets besmirched again. He really needs to move down to FW already

Will be an incredibly easy win for Dustin. Iaquinta is an elite anti wrestler, but against great pure strikers not so much.

Dear lord, Al might take his third relentless beating in a row, he will probably be finished this time.

Good fight, but I have a hard time picturing Iaquinta actually winning.
I can see him winning a 48-47 decision if Dustin gasses in round 2. That's the only way I can see him winning this fight lol, I really doubt he could KO Poirier. He will make it competitive though.

If hes smart he'll only talk about his recent listings during media. Sell those houses and gtfo of the fight game

Bad fight for AL to try turn things around.

Iaquinta earned a lot of capital by helping out the UFC and taking the Khabib fight on 24 hours notice.

Cashing in by getting some big fights.

People are under selling La Quinta because he had a bad performance against Cerrone.

I'd favor Poirer within reason but I think Laquinta is a live dog here. He has the talent and tools to get the W, just needs a better game plan then he showed last time.

Iaquinta earned a lot of capital by helping out the UFC and taking the Khabib fight on 24 hours notice.

Cashing in by getting some big fights.

He was also ranked nicely because he systematically dismantled Kevin Lee, and he's generally a banger.

Poirer is well out of title contention and is unlikely to see another title shot before retirement. Crazy things happen, but its probably not in the cards. So now you are looking at taking fun, winnable fights with a recognizable partner.

That is what Laquinta offers here.

Kinda strikes me as Al fuckin around on twitter. Weird fight to make tbh. but Poirier fought killer after killer so he deserves a rather winnable fight.

That fight would make no sense. Lose two fights, get a higher ranked opponent?

Makes no sense for Dustin to take that and for the UFC to book that. I'm very skeptical.

Back