Ian McCall vs. Ray Borg Set For UFC 203 in Cleveland

Who Wins?

• Total voters
picked UC.... I still think on his day he is the only guy that can beat Demetrious, just hope he can get another crack at the belt
He already beat him the first time for me, sadly the Australian judges pooched it. Had high hopes for Scoggins but he'll be a 135er now. Only FLW I can possibly see beating MM is Horiguchi.

picked UC.... I still think on his day he is the only guy that can beat Demetrious, just hope he can get another crack at the belt
You should give up on that. Ian looked dominant for one minute against a gassed DJ because of a bad weight cut.

Looks like things are really working out for Uncle Creepy. First he gets paid after Scoggins' blown weight cut and now he gets a much more favorable match up in Borg. I'm happy for the guy, I'll be pulling for him to out together another run at the title.
I'm glad, the poor guy was on a bad run of luck for quite awhile. Good to see things turn around in his favor.

Borg really has to round out his game if he's ever going to become a contender.

Fuck yeah! 203 is stacked! Please no more bad luck for UC...please MMA gods...

Ian UD

Why do you think that?

Because Borg is young and seems to be at that point in his career where he's still improving rapidly and making great strides from one fight to the next. I expect him to come out looking better than ever here.

McCall on the other hand seems to have reached his peak a few fights back and hasn't looked as impressive as of late. He has fought some seriously stiff competition though.

I think this fight will be competitive, but the winner will be clear.

Ray pulled out of his fight against Fredy Serrano at 201. That post was still dumb tho. We don't know what happened.

Reis vs Smolka maybe.
Oh shit my bad lol. Reis vs smolka is a hell of a match up by the way. Good call.

Solid fight. Think im goin with ol uncle creepy

Because Borg is young and seems to be at that point in his career where he's still improving rapidly and making great strides from one fight to the next. I expect him to come out looking better than ever here.

McCall on the other hand seems to have reached his peak a few fights back and hasn't looked as impressive as of late. He has fought some seriously stiff competition though.

I think this fight will be competitive, but the winner will be clear.
Solid post. Good reasoning but I don't think he has enough to beat McCall. One weakness I've seen from Borg is his striking. Like you said maybe he will show improvements there but I haven't seen it in his fights.

He is too reliant on top side grappling and I think that'll be his undoing against someone with solid wrestling like UC has.

Solid post. Good reasoning but I don't think he has enough to beat McCall. One weakness I've seen from Borg is his striking. Like you said maybe he will show improvements there but I haven't seen it in his fights.

He is too reliant on top side grappling and I think that'll be his undoing against someone with solid wrestling like UC has.
One thing Borg has going for him is his slick ability to take the back. Formiga won round one against McCall by doing this before he gassed.

Is Borg good enough to emulate that? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Borg looked pretty solid in his last few fights before Scoggins. Don't underestimate him. Granted, McCall is a tough test for him. I see a split decision incoming.

Back