Media Ian Heinisch calls for a fight with Chris Weidman

Chris going out like Chuck. He's taken around a year off after all his KO losses except this last one and it hasn't helped, and he can't really afford to take too long of a break at 35. Maybe give him some grappling matches and let his brain recover for a while longer?
Yep, but I think Chris Liddell is done in any fight, any rank. Still my boy tho

Right before Weidman enters the ring, his father gives him one last hug. Dad's hug is too strong and the force from his shoulder connects with Chris' chin and puts him out cold on the octagon steps.

Weidman would smash him badly. His gas tank kinda sucks and if you are not beating Omari then you are not beating Chris.

Weidman Hendricks is the fight to make

Or Sam Alvey

Or Elias Theodorou

Or CM Punk

whenever i see a young up-and-coming fighter call out an old veteran, it reminds me of those old national geographic shows where you see a lion tearing apart a hyena lol. these guys see easy prey.

It was so satisfying watching big nog knock out schaub

I feel like Hermansson is a much more dangerous fight for him. He should take a step down in comp at this point.

Agreed, Hemansson put a clinic on Jacare who in turn finished Chris with what appeared to be a somewhat light punch but was not. But people act like a perfect punch, perfect timing, and perfect placement aren't a lethal combination, and that is what landed on Chris. That said, Heniesh isn't a big puncher and this fight would be a respectable and favorable matchup for Chris. Hope it happens, or even someone lower ranked.

Right before Weidman enters the ring, his father gives him one last hug. Dad's hug is too strong and the force from his shoulder connects with Chris' chin and puts him out cold on the octagon steps.
BWAHAHAH

Weidman needs to take a step back in competition for his next fight. He's been fighting only the best of the best and it obviously hasn't gone well for him. Heinisch makes sense.

Weidman's last 12 fights:
Reyes
Jacare
Gastelum
Mousasi
Romero
Rockhold
Vitor
Machida
Anderson
Anderson
Munoz
Maia

What an insane run.

I think they will do Weidman vs Hermansson. Just a feeling i got.

Not a bad fight for Weidman imo. Tavares, Carlos Junior, & Shogun at 205 would also be good options for the Chris.

Not hard to see the logic in these types of callouts.

He's looking at a former champ with a name who got knocked out in 5 of his last 6 and sees an easy way to get some shine.

Back