Ian Entwistle vs. Dan Hooker set for UFC New Zealand

Entwistle vs. Hooker on a UFC card. Let it sink in.

Hey New Zealand - UFC is coming!!! No seriously, the UFC is putting a show together. No, that's not a KOTC show. Yes, tickets will be expensive BUT rest assured these are actual UFC fights - it'll say it on the fighter's gloves if you don't believe me.

OH DEAR

This might be the whitest sounding fight in the history of our sport.

Entwistle vs. Hooker on a UFC card. Let it sink in.

It will cost 10 dollars to watch it from your computer. That needs to sink in also.

Hey New Zealand - UFC is coming!!! No seriously, the UFC is putting a show together. No, that's not a KOTC show. Yes, tickets will be expensive BUT rest assured these are actual UFC fights - it'll say it on the fighter's gloves if you don't believe me.

OH DEAR

I think there's a lot of simps out there that stare at the logo stamped on the cage long enough and it makes it all worth it to them.

Last edited:
Why are people surprised at this?
This has been the UFC's foreign policy for about 5 years.

New country? Put on a UFN level card, containing 90% local fighters and charge UFC prices for it.

It's got worse in recent months, though. Singapore card was hands down the worst example. Off the top of my head, there were 22 fighters on that card and of them, about 17 were making their UFC debuts.

Ticket prices were standard, yet 2months earlier, PXC or someone could've put on the same card (minus about 5 fighters signed to the UFC already), and charged about $20 a ticket.

Ticket prices were standard, yet 2months earlier, PXC or someone could've put on the same card (minus about 5 fighters signed to the UFC already), and charged about $20 a ticket.

Sucks to be good at making money, doesn't it?

Seriously though, they owe no apologies over it. If it makes dollars, it makes sense.

Back